• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You have to be careful drinking around me."

Bill Cosby, to woman in audience at his show

Nope, not getting into this quagmire.

Comment

• "These guys had the balls of the Eiffel Tower. Their balls were bigger than Gerard Depardieu."

Bill Maher on the editors, writers, and cartoonists of Charlie Hebdo

Regardless of your feelings on the situation or Maher, he does have a point.

Comment

• This is a big one...

"Europe is finished...In Britain...there are actual cities, like Birmingham, that are totally Muslim, where non-Muslims just simply don't go in. And in parts of London there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn't dress according to religious Muslim attire."
        -- Steven Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism on Fox News

"I checked whether this was some kind of early April Fool spoof, and then I thought he was talking about Birmingham, Alabama, but then I realized he was just utterly and completely wrong."
        -- Birmingham's Member of Parliament Gisela Stuart

"A complete idiot."
        -- British Prime Minister David Cameron

#foxnews tweets:
        "The city is now called Birming because Ham is not halal...The local death squads go by the name of Quran Quran...Birmingham has a chain of fast food restaurants called 'Burqa King'...Viewed from above, the M26 spells out 'Death to the West' in Arabic...Nottingham is 99% Jedi..."

Well it's nice to know that the concept of Fox News being comprised of morons is a global one.

Comment

• The Eiffel Tower has balls?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• I juts find it amusing that thye got a politician to call them an idiot...

Comment

• "Maybe most Muslims are peaceful, but until they recognize and destroy their growing jihadist cancer they must be held responsible."
              -- Rupert Murdoch

"I was born Christian. If that makes Rupert Murdoch my responsibility, I'll auto-excommunicate...The Spanish Inquisition was my fault, as is all Christian fundamentalist violence. Oh, and Jim Bakker."
              -- J.K. Rowling

Once again Guilt by Association rears it's ugly head. Nice to see a counter statement on it.

Comment

• "Let's hope that when the Islamists next strike they first behead the appeasing cowards at CNN and MSNBC, et al who refused to show the cartoons."

former Rep. Joe Walsh

Ugh. someone smack him PLEASE. Preferably with a crowbar. Just like there's no obligation not to show the cartoons, there's also no obligation to show them.

Comment

• "Although no one can agree on an exact figure, our dozen years of war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and neighboring countries have cost us at least $1.5 trillion...Recall that while Congress was considering whether to authorize the Iraq War, the head of the White House economic council, Lawrence B. Lindsey, was forced to resign for telling The Wall Street Journal that the all-in costs might be as high as $100 billion to $200 billion, or less than the U.S. has spent on Iraq and Afghanistan in many individual years."

James Fallows

Gotta keep the military contractors fed after all.

Comment

• "You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others."
                    -- Pope Francis

At first I was going to disagree, but then I thought a little more into it. The Pope is saying you can't insult or make fun of the FAITH of others. What Charlie Hebdo and others are doing is mocking the DOCTRINE of others.

Comment

• "My mind is like a volcano. It's constantly spewing. I am amazed by my own endless creativity. I don't mean that to be egotistical."

Geraldo Rivera

Now here's a volcano that I wish would go dormant for a couple of centuries.

Comment

• "I believe I was discriminated against by the bakery based on my creed. As a result, I filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights division."

--
                        Bill Jack after the Azucar Bakery refused to put anti-LGBT messages and images on his cake.

No, you're being the bigot, Jack.
                        Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "Would it kill Republicans to crack a joke? I actually think for some Republicans it might. You know -- lighten up a little...So many Republicans run a Soviet-style campaign."

Sen. Ted Cruz, speaking at SC Tea Party Coalition Convention

At least their issue is they can't tell a joke. Cruz's issue is he IS a joke.

Comment

• "The imbalance of far more women than men at colleges has been a factor in the various sex scandals that have made news in the last couple of years. So, what's the solution? One solution might be to impose the duty on admissions officers to arbitrarily admit only half women and half men."

Phyllis Schlafly

Ugh, Affirmative Action policies is bullshit, regardless of who it benefits.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                              "The imbalance of far more women than men at colleges has been a factor in the various sex scandals that have made news in the last couple of years. So, what's the solution? One solution might be to impose the duty on admissions officers to arbitrarily admit only half women and half men."

Phyllis Schlafly

Ugh, Affirmative Action policies is bullshit, regardless of who it benefits.
                              Fun fact: The disparity in men vs women in colleges is a reflection of the fact that women get paid less than men and are willing to incur greater debt than men in order to be less shafted in the long term. Men, however, make significantly more if they drop out of college, so they do that much more frequently, leading to a disparity in attendance by gender.
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• How would there being more women than men lead to the women being attacked?
                                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                                X