The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
    I would imagine most of the financial aid is in the form of loans, correct?
    Nope. We've got Kaiser Permanente, and they apparently have a pretty generous aid program. For So Cal, it covers those who make up to 350% of the federal poverty level and the aid is in the form of reduced or eliminated bills.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• "We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market."

chief ISIS spokesperson Sheikh Abu Muhammad al-Adnani

Bold words for a coward.

Comment

• Aren't they 1,500 years too late?
        "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

• "Yazidi women and children [are to be] divided according to the Sharia amongst the fighters of the Islamic State who participated in the Sinjar operations [in northern Iraq]... Enslaving the families of the [infidels] and taking their women as concubines is a firmly established aspect of the Sharia that if one were to deny or mock, he would be denying or mocking the verses of the Koran and the narrations of the Prophet...and thereby apostatizing from Islam."

conclusion of ISIS study group considering the question of whether Iraq's Yazidis should be put to death or enslaved

"ISIS study group" now there's an oxymoron for the history books.

Comment

• Is it just me, or does anyone else see ISIS as the Westover Baptist Church of the Islamic world?

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie View Post
              Is it just me, or does anyone else see ISIS as the Westover Baptist Church of the Islamic world?
              Considerably worse on the scale seeing as I don't think the WBC has beheaded anyone (yet) but an apt comparison otherwise.

Comment

• Yeah, the WBC are just annoying trolls compared to these guys. Even Al Qaeda are saying these guys are too much, which says a lot.

Comment

• "I don't believe that the president loves America. He doesn't love you. He doesn't love me."

former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani, at a dinner featuring WI Gov. Scott Walker

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is known as a "political circle-jerk".

Comment

• "I hear the news commentators say: 'Why is Obama doing this?...Why is he aiding and abetting ISIS?' And I'm like, because he's one of them. It's so obvious...He's an Islamic jihadist."

Tea Party activist and former SNL cast member Victoria Jackson

So did she get a lobotomy after she left SNL or before?

Comment

• She always played air-headed characters. Maybe it wasn't an act.

Comment

• She *did* let her cat drive, after all. So, not much upstairs even before all the resulting car crashes.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "President Obama didn't live through September 11 -- I did."

Rudy Giuliani

Okay, I know Obama is a (relatively) young president, but he's not THAT young!

Comment

• In all fairness, Giuliani did quite literally live through 9/11 as mayor of New York at the time. He's been saying some really stupid stuff lately, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                              In all fairness, Giuliani did quite literally live through 9/11 as mayor of New York at the time. .
                              and unfortuneately that is ALL he seems to harp on. He would LIKE to think that HE personally tried to Superman style stop the jets from crashing.

Yes he did a great job in the aftermath BUT his actions and WORDS in the past 8 or so years just shows that he is another Gen Douglas McAurthur
                              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• Idaho state Rep. Vito Barbieri and physician Julie Madsen, during House State Affairs Committee discussion of a bill concerning video conferencing and abortions:

Barbieri: "You mention the risk of colonoscopy. Can that be done by drugs?"

Madsen: "It cannot be done by drugs. It can, however, be done remotely, where you swallow a pill, and this pill has a little camera and it makes its way through your intestines, and those images are uploaded to a doctor who's often thousands of miles away, who then interprets that."

Barbieri: "Can this same procedure be done in a pregnancy -- swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is with the child?"

Madsen: "It cannot...because when you swallow a pill it would not end up in the vagina."

Barbieri: "Fascinating..."

I'm imagining Barbieri just sitting there with a "deer in the headlights" look.

Comment

Working...
                                X