No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I can respect Ford a tiny bit for his comments. Too many politicians, even when caught red handed, continue to deny their wrongdoings. I'm not saying that what he did was right, but the fact that he got up in front of the world and admitted it deserves a tiny bit of respect.

Comment

• "Nowadays we're ostracized. [The way people treat us] is no different than the way people used to treat African Americans years ago."

Bradley Jenkins, Grand Imperial Wizard of the United Klans of America

No, there is a big difference. African Americans were disliked because of their skin colour. You're disliked because you're assholes.

Comment

• "In the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken — the bastards.’”
        —Sen. John McCain

Bitter table for one at the pity party palace over here!

Comment

• "They're coming after your doughnuts!"
          —Sen. Rand Paul, on the FDA banning trans fats

Oh no! the government wants to have more healthy eating! Say it ain't so!

Funniest thing about this statement is I don't think ANY doughnut makers use trans fats anymore.

Comment

• "The Republican Party, I really believe, suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder from years and years of bullying and taunting. The Republican Party is Jonathan Martin. The Democrat Party and the media are Richie Incognito."
            —Rush Limbaugh

Yup, the GOP suffers from PTSD due to bullying and taunting. Bullying and taunting others for all those years would be stressful when it bites back.

Comment

• "A positive role model for kids who are down and out."
              —Toronto mayor Rob Ford, on himself

<sharp intake of breath>

Yes, I suppose those kids need a lesson of what NOT to do when they fuck up this badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                "A positive role model for kids who are down and out."
                —Toronto mayor Rob Ford, on himself

<sharp intake of breath>

Yes, I suppose those kids need a lesson of what NOT to do when they fuck up this badly.
                Rob Ford: the gift that keeps on giving. and the STUPIUDITY just continues.
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• Yup. Every day I think the "Rob Ford being stupid" thing has passed, he goes and proves me wrong.

Of course you have to know when you're a colossal fuck up when Jon Stewart declares he's going to restrain himself on mocking you because it's too easy.

Comment

• "I would like to know if our immigration authorities are letting in people who believe in polygamy. Polygamy is against our law. We've brought in thousands of Muslims -- I want to know if they made them sign a pledge to assure they're not bringing in a bunch of wives who will now go on welfare. Nobody can answer that question. I can't get any answers to that question."
                    —Phyllis Schlafly

Uh huh. So when do the Mormons start getting rounded up then?

Comment

• "I gained 850 twitter followers and +7 @klout in less than 24 hours. Now offering social media consulting services. 12:34 PM - 10 Sep 2013"
                      -Pax Dickinson

He was "forced to resign" as Chief Technical Officer of Business Insider. He used Twitter to send tweets that contained misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, threatening language, and other offensive language.

Wouldn't you want to hire him as a social media consultant?

OPEN Forum
                      Huffington Post
                      ValleyWag
                      Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• Originally posted by mathnerd View Post
                        Honestly, I can respect Ford a tiny bit for his comments. Too many politicians, even when caught red handed, continue to deny their wrongdoings. I'm not saying that what he did was right, but the fact that he got up in front of the world and admitted it deserves a tiny bit of respect.
                        Not following Ford or most foreign politics at the moment, so I can't really judge him right now. But I can say that any politician that is ready and willing to admit at being wrong sometimes, gets a LOT of respect from me. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad one...

Comment

• "One day I do want to run for prime minister."
                          —Toronto mayor Rob Ford

And the laughs just keep on coming!

Comment

• "Every conspiracy theory that you have heard that makes you think Lee Harvey Oswald was not the assassin was started by Democrats. Every one."
                            —Rush Limbaugh

I honestly think at this point Limbaugh sees the world as either stark red or blue. A new version of color blindness perhaps? Nah, just an old style of insanity.

(of course, the funny thing to realize is that all of those Democrat conspiracy nuts actually vote republican now.)

Comment

• "Amazing what WH will do to distract attention from O-care."
                              —Sen. John Cornyn tweet re Iran deal

Clearly stuff like trying to run the country. He sounds like the little kid throwing the temper tantrum to get attention.

Comment

• Someone elsewhere mentioned that he had more than enough characters to spell out both White House and Obamacare... and if he really wanted to keep it short, he would have used ACA.
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X