No announcement yet.

NBC Rebooting "Murder, She Wrote"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I think it's a mistake to call it 'Murder, She Wrote,'" Lansbury said, "because 'Murder, She Wrote' will always be about a Cabot Cove and this wonderful little group of people who told those lovely stories and enjoyed a piece of that place, and also enjoyed Jessica Fletcher, who is a rare and very individual kind of person …

"So I'm sorry that they have to use the title 'Murder, She Wrote,' even though they have access to it and it's their right."

"I saw her in 'The Help' and thought she was absolutely wonderful, a lovely actress," Lansbury said. "So I wish her well, but I wish it wasn't in 'Murder, She Wrote.'"
    The Queen is displeased.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      The Queen is displeased.
      I suspect she isn't wrong, though.

Although, by sticking with the title, at least they won't have to fend off accusations of riffing on M:SW.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If the premise is as dissimilar as it's been described here, they wouldn't anyway. There have been lots of shows where someone goes around solving murders, even if you exclude those with related jobs.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          If the premise is as dissimilar as it's been described here, they wouldn't anyway. There have been lots of shows where someone goes around solving murders, even if you exclude those with related jobs.
          Thats kind of the problem. The pilot sounds like a totally unrelated show that shoe horned in something so it technically fits the title "Murder, She Wrote" for name recognition.

I mean, in this she's a hospital administrator that self publishes an ebook. Which sounds like something that was slapped in to an existing screenplay to make it technically fit the bill.

Comment

Working...
          X