Bieber arrested on DUI, drag racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bieber arrested on DUI, drag racing

Wasn't entirely sure whether this belonged in Pop Culture but we don't have a Law 'n' Order thread, so ...

Pop singer Justin Bieber was arrested today and charged with DUI and drag racing.

A friend posted the story on FB with "This is a cry for help" written above it.

I was trying to be polite and merely wrote that I am quite unsympathetic to his predicament, but my own opinion is that it's yet another famous person who behaves like an arsehole because he thinks his fame will allow him to get away with it.

Thoughts? Opinions?

That's exactly my thoughts about it. He isn't crying for attention, he's trying to live above the law.

Now the real question is will he be punished, and hopefully deported (PLEASE???), or will he get a smack on the wrist like every other celebrity?
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixilated
      I was trying to be polite and merely wrote that I am quite unsympathetic to his predicament, but my own opinion is that it's yet another famous person who behaves like an arsehole because he thinks his fame will allow him to get away with it.
      And sadly I think he's right. Oh sure, he'll probably have probation, be sentenced to some kind of rehab, and he might even get his license revoked (which means he has to be driven around in a limo, what a drag!) but that's about it. For most people, something like this means they might no longer have transportation to get to their job, and have other hardships, if not jail time, but Bieber gets to keep his job.

One thing my wife pointed out, too, is he's not an American citizen, and if you're convicted of a felony (not sure if this is a felony or not in FL) it could be grounds for deportation.

Comment

Aw crap, that would mean we get him back.

What did we do to you to deserve that?

Comment

It's because there's a disconnect in the music business between the stars and most other people.

Let me explain: in the music business, a lot of the expenses are taken out of the royalties that the singer gets. Now, that is a whole different kettle of fish, but the important part is that for a singer known to bring in millions, the studios are willing to put just about anything on the expenses. So long as they will be able to recoup the money from album/single sales. It means that Beiber probably never had to learn anything about managing money. He just needed to ask. It explains the racing- if he wrecks the car, he can juts ask for another one. DUI? he probably forgot he was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post

Ya beat me to it.

Comment

Um... You did give him to us in the first place... >_>
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Cry for help? Please. We're talking about a super-entitled moron. Either throw his ass in jail or deport him. Preferably the latter.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  Um... You did give him to us in the first place... >_>
                  Not true. He ran away and we said "good riddance."

Comment

Not true. He ran away and we said "good riddance."
                    We'll make a trade: You give us Crash Test Dummies and we'll give you Bieber.

Nothing lopsided about that deal... right?

Comment

Eh, it's possible that the stress from all the fame is too much for him (look at Amanda Bynes).

Still doesn't make him any less of an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                        Eh, it's possible that the stress from all the fame is too much for him (look at Amanda Bynes).
                        No, he's a straight up entitled little prick to be bluntly honest. This has been coming for a while. Its not stress, he's so self absorbed its not funny. He use to at least be a good kid even if his music was insufferable. But its all been down hill since he legally became an adult and I guess said fuck it I can do whatever I want now and did a 180 on everything he'd said and done prior. -.-

Also, sadly for my country, he is not a dual citizen and is in the US on what is basically a celebrity work visa. While its unlikely he would be deported for a DUI, if he's convicted of any aggravated/violent offense or sentenced to a jail term of 1 year or longer he will actually get thrown out of the country.

He might get a damn rude wake up call from his agent though. Under the conditions of his visa, its his agent or employer who is his sponser.

Comment

How many teen mega-stars have we seen become adults without the "I'm an adult now and you can't stop me from behaving like a child any more" stint?

Honestly, it'd be surprising if he wasn't doing stupid shit like this.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                            How many teen mega-stars have we seen become adults without the "I'm an adult now and you can't stop me from behaving like a child any more" stint?
                            Hmm. Katy Perry and Taylor Swift? Heck, oddly enough Brittney Spears. She didn't melt down till her late 20s and it was the death of a family member that started that spiral.

There's usually an attempt to be more grown up ( aka the rebel sexy phase ) but total spectacular flare outs like this one aren't that common me thinks. I mean Miley Cyrus is embarrassing herself but she's not going out in a glaze of glory like Bieber or Lohan.

Comment

Saw an article about this in the local paper, with a partial listing of the police report. It wasn't an impromptu race - there were a couple of SUVs blocking off the road to keep other traffic from interfering (that's what initially caught the cop's attention). Unfortunately, there was a glaring error that Justin's lawyer could easily exploit to make the officer involved look like an unreliable witness - the red car was first described as a Lamborghini, and later as a Ferrari (Justin was driving the yellow car).

Comment

Working...
                              X