Gay Exorcism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
    So, even if a person dies during an exorcism, it's still alright?
    No, you cannot consent to being killed.
    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
      No, you cannot consent to being killed.
      Technically you could say that you would rather be dead than under the devil's influence, and so consent to being killed if the exorcism didn't work. (Shaky legal ground, I know.) However, I suspect that someone who wanted to be killed because they thought they were possessed wouldn't be of sound mind, and therefore would not be able to consent (which I suspect is what you are saying).

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
      If the kid asked for it, and the parents ok'd it, then no, the church did nothing wrong, they were simply complying with the wishes of the teen.
      Initially, I thought that too, but I’m wondering if the teen actually had the information he would need to consent. The article doesn't say whether the teen's parents are members of this (or a similar) church. If he is 16-18 and has been raised his whole life in this kind of church, is he really able to consent to the exorcism? By which I mean, does he have any idea what other options might be available? Did he parents pressure him in any way? If someone chooses exorcism freely, then the church is within its rights to perform one if they want to, although I don't agree with them. However, if the person is pressured or uninformed, then I think that putting them through such a stressful situation is abusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Savannah View Post
        Technically you could say that you would rather be dead than under the devil's influence, and so consent to being killed if the exorcism didn't work. (Shaky legal ground, I know.)
        Unless something drastic has changed, no, not shaky, NON-EXISTANT legal ground. You cannot give permission to be killed. The closest you can come is a Do Not Resuscitate order in a hospital. Anyone who causes you to die is guilty of a homicide, whether you said to go ahead or not.
        Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

NON-EXISTANT legal ground.
          True, now that I think about it. I was initially thinking of physician assisted suicide as being a situation where you could consent to being killed, but that REQUIRES that you be of sound mind and not depressed, so it doesn't apply to this situation. My bad; disregard that point

Comment

I was initially thinking of physician assisted suicide
            Even then, it's suicide, not them killing you. Just different enough for lawyers. Also, lawyers are weird.

Comment

Interesting link here: http://www.parmaq.com/truecrime/MurderBy.htm

Also, I can't remember the name of the guy, but this guy met another guy online who he paid to murder him. He also had his penis cut off and fried and ate it himself. O.o
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Interesting link here: http://www.parmaq.com/truecrime/MurderBy.htm

Also, I can't remember the name of the guy, but this guy met another guy online who he paid to murder him. He also had his penis cut off and fried and ate it himself. O.o
                BJ, your "Lawyers are weird" just got trumped!
                Last edited by Slytovhand; 07-19-2009, 07:39 PM. Reason: damn grammatical rules!
                ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
                  BJ, your "Lawyers are weird" just got trumped!
                  Lawyers are still weird, and it seems in that case, there wasn't enough evidence to firmly prove that he pushed his friend, thus a lesser charge was leveled against him. Jury nullification, at the least.

Comment

Even then, it's suicide, not them killing you. Just different enough for lawyers. Also, lawyers are weird.
                    *sigh* Yes. And you have to be terminally ill. I was tired, sorry. (I'll agree about the lawyers, too!)

Even if you want someone to kill you and therefore consent, it pretty much never ends well for the person who killed you under the current laws. (Besides, if you eat your own penis, you probably aren't sane enough to agree to much of anything! ) Getting off topic...

Comment

*.. (Besides, if you eat your own penis, you probably aren't sane enough to agree to much of anything! ) Getting off topic...
                      Not if it's your religion to eat your body parts. In the U.S. saying, "It's my religion!" is like saying, "A wizard did it." It automatically wins nearly every argument.
                      See still on topic.

Comment

Great Simpsons reference there.

Anyway, I wish I could remember that guy's name; I've looked but I can't find the story. -.- It was pretty big, tho; it's got to be there if only I could find the right thing to google.
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

so what are they going to do when they exorcise this gay demon out of the boy only to discover that the boy himself is gay too?
                          The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
                          my brother's

Comment

Originally posted by joe hx View Post
                            so what are they going to do when they exorcise this gay demon out of the boy only to discover that the boy himself is gay too?
                            Exorcise the other demon??
                            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Working...
                            X