No announcement yet.

Westboro Church Group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Mytical - As a Christian, I'd like to say thanks for sticking up to that idiot. It's people like him/her that give the rest of us a bad name. Actually, I think it's quite embarassing for the whole religion that I frequently get told "Oh, I thought you were Wiccan/pagan... You're much too nice to be a Christian!"

The most annoying thing I've found to say to a 'Christian' bigot is to compliment them on the lovely Christ-like attitude they're displaying, in a very sickly-sweet sarcastic tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mishi View Post
      The most annoying thing I've found to say to a 'Christian' bigot is to compliment them on the lovely Christ-like attitude they're displaying, in a very sickly-sweet sarcastic tone.
      Yeah. As another Christian whose often mistaken for something else (agnostic or wiccan, depending, because of people like that), I like to point out how decidedly un-Christlike they're being. Usually leaves them gaping, fishmouthed. Either that, or they go into a screaming fit because they hate someone else knowing enough to point out their bullshit.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Originally posted by Mytical View Post
        I admit is has been a long time since I could be called a Christian..but are not we all supposed to be created equal? Or is that just wishful thinking?
        It depends on which scripture you are reading from. Parts of the Bible say to love one another and other parts say to attack followers of other religions.

Even when Xtianity was first being formulated by Paul, there were many sects competing against each other to be the Xtian faith; and Paul had written some derogatory things about them.
        "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
        -- OMM 0000

Comment

• http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westbo...ppi-and-loses/

Heartwarming.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• You know, while I'm not sure how I feel about the methods, I can't help but be glad the bastards didn't get to have their little hate-in.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
              That's cool. Let's not give props to where you first saw the article.

Anyway, I don't see any issues with anything from the article. That's one gem of a town. I hope everyone takes notes and stick it to those jackasses.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                That's cool. Let's not give props to where you first saw the article.
                Linked on FB.

Rapscallion
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• LOL, I have family in Brandon, MS.

Comment

• Problem is that's exactly what they want people to do. >_> They're TRYING to get you to harass them. Because, unfortunately, that is illegal.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

• Aye, but it's only illegal when the law isn't actively engaged against them.

It does set a dangerous precedent, but against that set of wankers I don't have a problem.

Rapscallion
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I loved that bit where the pickups were parked behind the WBC's cars, blocking them in. Oh, the tow trucks are running a bit late, may be some time before you can get your car freed. What a pity.

Not a good idea to beat up that loudmouth jerk; that's a good way to end up in jail, no matter how good your intentions. But the pickup parking hurt nobody. And I like the other counterprotests like the one at ComicCon; a good dose of ridicule is what the WBC deserves. Too bad it flies at Warp Ten over their heads.
                        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

• Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                          Not a good idea to beat up that loudmouth jerk; that's a good way to end up in jail, no matter how good your intentions. But the pickup parking hurt nobody. And I like the other counterprotests like the one at ComicCon; a good dose of ridicule is what the WBC deserves. Too bad it flies at Warp Ten over their heads.
                          No witnesses saw anyone do it. Must have done it to himself.
                          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                            Problem is that's exactly what they want people to do. >_> They're TRYING to get you to harass them. Because, unfortunately, that is illegal.
                            Wasn't there a law passed that in the most basic form, gave the protesters the right to hold their little protests as much as the WBC group did? Or am I way off base?

And the damn article isn't loading >_<

Comment

• There was, and it's the amendment dealing with free speech. Not sure about any other ones, but there was talk about some sort of 'don't protest within X range of funerals'. I don't think it got anywhere. I could be wrong.

However, what I can see of this is a cross-party, grassroots democracy in action. Freedom of speech is a fine and noble ideal, but it's being abused by that set of wankers.

About the only value WBC have is in making me look good.

Rapscallion
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Aye, but it's only illegal when the law isn't actively engaged against them.

It does set a dangerous precedent, but against that set of wankers I don't have a problem.
                                If you specifically target people you know to be part of the WBC, then you can be gone after for religious discrimination.

If, however, you specifically target people who are from Kansas, and all people who are from Kansas, then you're just being a garden-variety bigot going after people belonging to a non-protected status.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                                X