Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here they go again

the link says it all

WBBC to protest at Betty Ford's Funeral because she was a divorcee and a foricator
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• I guess that in the eyes of the WBBC that my first wife is just like Betty Ford since she is the one who filed for the divorce.
      “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

• uhhh....what? *brain escapes out of my head*

*chases brain down and stuffs it back in my head* Hey I need that you know! >.>

Also I presume you mean FORNICATOR, not foricator.

Comment

• They can't wait for some newsworthy event to go sully with their filth and corruption.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
            uhhh....what? *brain escapes out of my head*

*chases brain down and stuffs it back in my head* Hey I need that you know! >.>

yeah I did but with all of the cold meds in me (summer flu for the last 72 hours) my fingers just did not work right
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• Those anti-protest signs were really, really funny. Though were I to protest their protests, my sign would simply say, "Jesus died for our sins. EVERYONE'S sins. God loves you."

And yeah, they totally want to incite violence against them. (1) Lawsuits = funding. (2) It makes them look/feel like martyrs. (3) It gets them publicity. (4) They'll think others will see the anti-protesters as the real bad guys. The people who blocked their cars in get my vote for best anti-protest, and if those with the power to bring tow trucks (or the tow truck drivers/companies) took their sweet time getting said cars towed, kudos to them, too. Leave 'em there all day. Let the onus be on the WBC to get angry enough to smash some windows or slash some tires.

Comment

Interesting that they're so caught up on one's sexual habits...especially since Shirley Phelps-Roper...supposedly has an illegitimate child. Hypocrite much? Also, is it just me, or is there some serious inbreeding going on in that group?

Comment

• Originally posted by protege View Post
                  Interesting that they're so caught up on one's sexual habits...especially since Shirley Phelps-Roper...supposedly has an illegitimate child. Hypocrite much? Also, is it just me, or is there some serious inbreeding going on in that group?
                  Ah but remember....if its from the WBC its OK because they're Gods people and they can do whatever the heck they want.

Comment

Ah but remember....if its from the WBC its OK because they're Gods people and they can do whatever the heck they want.
                    Don't laugh. They honestly believe that. To them, the saved are already saved no matter what they do and the damned are already damned, no matter what they do.

Which kind of goes against about half of the Bible, but hey, who are we to quibble with the Chosen...

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Originally posted by protege View Post
                      Well, I doubt many people would want Fred Phelps to be their in-law or would want any association with this group (I'm not going to call them a church since they aren't doing anything religious just being a bunch of dickheads). It doesn't surprise me if they are inbreeding considered I have come to conclusion that they are on some kind of drugs which explains why they haven't considered some of their crazy ideas (yep, you just have to look at their signs to realize that).
                      Yours truly, Robyn.
                      Myspace
                      Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                        Don't laugh. They honestly believe that. To them, the saved are already saved no matter what they do and the damned are already damned, no matter what they do.

Which kind of goes against about half of the Bible, but hey, who are we to quibble with the Chosen...

^-.-^
                        Ah Calvinism, what a lovely belief system.

Comment

• As long as I live I will never understand these people.

I am not overly religious in any way but I do believe in God and I like to think of myself as a good Christian. The God I believe in doesn't hate anyone, He loves all of us equally, regardless of our color or creed. I was always taught to treat others the way I would want to be treated and that is how I try to live my life. I'm not perfect, but I try to be a good person.

This "church" is nothing more than a hate group. They are interpreting the Bible in a way that satisfies their agenda (not sure what their agenda is, perhaps they think all homosexuality will "go away" if they scream about it enough? and I have no clue why they think protesting at a soldier's funeral is even remotely a good idea). These people make me sick and they make me ashamed of Christianity. This is not Christianity, this is sheer hateful lunacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameGirl View Post
                            a good Christian. The God I believe in doesn't hate anyone, He loves all of us equally, regardless of our color or creed..
                            what Bible did you read?
                            No seriously.
                            Because the one I read included lots of stuff about destroying cities and nations for being different.
                            And entire book of things for which you should be put to death and as a good christian you should put others to death for.
                            Sadly, the WBC is doing EXACTLY what the God of the Bible would command us to do.
                            Hell, even the next in line to be the prophet and seer for the LDS church has said it is perfectly acceptable to use violence against homosexuals (his exact words on the topic were "would it be appropriate for me as a general authority to do it, perhaps not, but someone has to")
                            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

• Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              what Bible did you read?
                              No seriously.
                              Because the one I read included lots of stuff about destroying cities and nations for being different.
                              And entire book of things for which you should be put to death and as a good christian you should put others to death for.
                              Sadly, the WBC is doing EXACTLY what the God of the Bible would command us to do.
                              Hell, even the next in line to be the prophet and seer for the LDS church has said it is perfectly acceptable to use violence against homosexuals (his exact words on the topic were "would it be appropriate for me as a general authority to do it, perhaps not, but someone has to")
                              I read the same Bible you probably do, it's just that I look at it differently.

Comment

• I don't see how you read it differently, there isn't much room for interpretation.
                                Leviticus, if a man lies with a man as a man lies with a woman, surely he must be put to death and his blood be upon him.
                                Seems pretty black and white on what God has commanded.

there have been three gay men attacked by mobs quoting among other things that verse while beating them in the last month, so please spare me the "god doesn't condone violence" bullshit. I have to arm myself to walk down the street safely, you have to listen to me bitch, I feel so sorry for you poor oppressed Christians who don't even know your own damned book well enough to know you aren't following it.
                                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                                X