Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Newapagiccans from a heathen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an atheist as well. However! I do enjoy reading mythology. It's fascinating stuff, and I love how a lot of it is written. There was a great class I took that had creation stories and legends, we looked at the Norse, the western Native Americans, Christianity, the Greeks, and I think a few others. Looked at old old stories from Sumerian and Mesopotamian religions as well.

As said, one man's mythology is another man's religion. Some stories are very well-written and give insight on how people viewed the world, and in some cases even offered sage advice for living one's life. In others...not so much. There are some aspects of Buddhism that I like, but I haven't really looked into things much since high school.

I larped a bunch and did SCA for a bit, that was fun. Some of my characters were deeply religious, but as for myself I see the world differently.

If you get some deeper meaning from life out of religion, then by all means have faith and practice it. If so, I applaud sticking to your guns. It sucks having people belittle you for having a different mindset. Now, I don't believe any of it and think the idea is a little silly, but if you truly, honestly believe it, then that's all that matters. Go, do good things to others. You could be the blackest witch, or the darkest Gothic or think yourself some otherkin, but if you're good person then I think it doesn't matter too much. Stranger things have happened. :P

Comment

Working...
    X