joy, another "christian" hate group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joy, another "christian" hate group

Yay, another one, this one is called Americans for Truth .
    You know... I'd love to do a google search for Christian and Gay and get something other than hate groups, groups dedicated to turning us into ex-gays, and one or two dating sites... so far I've found one Christian site that isn't anti-gay and that is relgioustolerance.org. Anyone care to post a rebuttal or is Americans for Truth about on par with everything I will find.
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Interesting. There are some I used to know of that seem to have changed or died; godlovesfags.com is now a blog, for instance. gaychurch.org and gaychristian101.com seem to still be up, though, and probably contain links to the others I remember seeing before but cannot now find. But I don't have time to do a more thorough search right now.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If anything I think it's a deal of polarization. If you aren't setting out to be gay accepting and christian at the same time, you are mandated to hate fags so as not to be harassed...
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Yay, another one, this one is called Americans for Truth .
        You know... I'd love to do a google search for Christian and Gay and get something other than hate groups, groups dedicated to turning us into ex-gays, and one or two dating sites... so far I've found one Christian site that isn't anti-gay and that is relgioustolerance.org. Anyone care to post a rebuttal or is Americans for Truth about on par with everything I will find.
        Have you taken a look at http://soulforce.org yet, smiley?
        "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
        A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

I just Googled "christian gay" and the first page (excluding the News for and Video for) was all positive websites!

I just wonder, with groups like Americans for Truth and that ilk, just what in the hell is it about gay men in particular that seems to scare them so damn much?
          Last edited by Pagan; 04-04-2010, 03:06 PM.
          We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

The thing I hate about the internet is when I can't find a website for a cause I believe in there is no way to make a website to promote that cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
              I just wonder, with groups like Americans for Truth and that ilk, just what in the hell is it about gay me in particular that seems to scare them so damn much?
              Was this a typo, or....?

And if I had the web progammins skills, I'd start a site. Though I don't know if I'd count myself as 'christian' in the church sense, anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                I just wonder, with groups like Americans for Truth and that ilk, just what in the hell is it about gay me in particular that seems to scare them so damn much?
                They're afraid you'll take all their wimmins?

I'm not gay (or religious, though ostensibly Christian, I suppose) but I don't get it either.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM.
                I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  They're afraid you'll take all their wimmins?

I'm not gay (or religious, though ostensibly Christian, I suppose) but I don't get it either.
                  It's a cause that's been picked and targeted. Nothing more. Over the years it's been different things. Dancing, alcohol, drugs, music have all fallen victim to the hatred. The fat cat Pastors and Ministers need something to fuel their congregations and continue feeding their bank accounts.

It's not religion. It's politics.

CH
                  Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
                    It's a cause that's been picked and targeted. Nothing more. Over the years it's been different things. Dancing, alcohol, drugs, music have all fallen victim to the hatred. The fat cat Pastors and Ministers need something to fuel their congregations and continue feeding their bank accounts.

It's not religion. It's politics.

CH

It might not be religion, but they're hiding behind their religion to hurt people. And that's just not cool.

I have a friend who is part of a Universalist Unitarian church and they accept you, homosexual or heterosexual - they don't care.
                    Last edited by IDrinkaRum; 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM.
                    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

I have a friend who is part of a Universalist Unitarian church and they accept you, homosexual or heterosexual - they don't care.
                      That's true, and I wish more churches were like that, but I don't think I could ever belong in a Unitarian church even were there any around here, as my beliefs are definitely Trinitarian (if that's a word), and that's a more important difference than views on sexuality.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Trinitarian? Does that mean you believe in the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost?)

Then someone has to come up with a Christian religion that accepts the hetero- and homosexual and has the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Spirit).

I know ... I know ... too simplistic, but if people can pervert religion for their own agenda, can't someone "pervert" religion to accept everyone?
                        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Comment

IDrinkaRum, even if such a church existed, I would only know of it through the internet... as long as I am bound to this state (Utah traps you, it lures you in with cheap cost of living, then keeps you trapped with pay low enough that you can't afford to move anywhere else) I will never be able to see such a church. Even my mother has conceded the point that she knows I can not be a member of any church in Utah and has given up trying to get me to even look for one. Someone mentioned that it's funny how you can find exactly what you expect to find, they're right... after living in Utah, as a gay person you expect to find nothing but intolerance and hatred from Christianity, so that is exactly what you find... yeah you'll find the occasional acceptance in cyberspace, but cyberspace is as real as Pandora, it's a nice escape but it is never going to become real. And you know what you do find in Utah... nothing but hatred and intolerance (at least at the leadership level... there are members who will show kindness... as long as their beloved leaders aren't watching).

Comment

smiley - there are no universalist unitarians in Utah? Even "underground"? Are all people in Utah Mormons? (Just wondering as I've never been to Utah). That's very sad if that's the case. If I could, I'd help you to Northern Virginia and introduce you to my friend who is a member of the local Unitarian Universalist (or vice-y verse-y) church so you can start attending.

Comment

There are UUs in Utah, and no, not everyone is Mormon, but those who are accepting are an incredibly small minority (Amendment three which outlawed not only gay marriage but NEARLY ALL gay rights) passed with over 80% in favor.
                              In case you are wondering, it is being questioned whether or not even employment anti-discrimination ordinances are allowed under Amendment 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X