Pet Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
    I know it doesn't come right out and say that animals are fallen, but if they won't accept Jesus logic dictates they ain't goin' Up There.
    So, dead babies can't get into Heaven.

Got it.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

Got it.
      Well, good.
      "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
      -- OMM 0000

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
        I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like the idea of my cats being in eternal pain because they *might* not have a soul. That's not a chance I'm willing to take.
        Eternal suffering seems to have been a relatively late addition to Christian thought. The only Old Testament passage that talks about eternal punishment is found in Daniel, and rather vaguely described as "shame and everlasting contempt." Plus, Daniel is believed to have been written a few hundred years after the rest of the OT.
        "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
        TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

Got it.

^-.-^
          Well, good.
          Well, if ya' wanna get technical (depending on which faith you are viewing the issue from) babies that die end up in Purgatory. Something to do with their souls being in balance due to their state of innocence at birth coupled with the burden of original sin.....I never understood the logic behind it since Jesus was suppose to have taken care of the debt for all of humanity according to the Christians.....but then I think the whole Purgatory thing is a Catholic concept anyway so who knows.....this is one reason amongst many that I don't follow any form of Christianity, just to many contradictions to keep track of.
          "Sometimes the way you THINK it is, isn't how it REALLY is at all." --St. Orin--

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
            Eternal suffering seems to have been a relatively late addition to Christian thought.
            Actually, it's all over the New Testament. The warm and fuzzy God is the more recent God that's being preached.

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
            The only Old Testament passage that talks about eternal punishment is found in Daniel, and rather vaguely described as "shame and everlasting contempt." Plus, Daniel is believed to have been written a few hundred years after the rest of the OT.
            And the NT and all its references to Hell was written after that.

Originally posted by Sage Blackthorn View Post
            Well, if ya' wanna get technical (depending on which faith you are viewing the issue from) babies that die end up in Purgatory. Something to do with their souls being in balance due to their state of innocence at birth coupled with the burden of original sin.....I never understood the logic behind it since Jesus was suppose to have taken care of the debt for all of humanity according to the Christians.....but then I think the whole Purgatory thing is a Catholic concept anyway so who knows.....this is one reason amongst many that I don't follow any form of Christianity, just to many contradictions to keep track of.
            Purgatory is a Catholic notion that has no Biblical basis.
            "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
            -- OMM 0000

Comment

To all of those who have lost pets, my heart goes out to you as I love cats. Even though I am an atheist, I will play "God's Advocate" and give you the answer as it appears in the Good Book.

According to the Bible, one must accept Jesus as their personal savior if they are to make it Up There. The Bible predicts that most people will not make it to Heaven. Since animals do not believe in God or Jesus, it's pretty much a slam dunk that they aren't going there, either.
              I could have my theology wrong, but isn't a large part of the issue with humans accepting God/Jesus to get into heaven start with original sin? Because we have original sin, we must be "saved" to get into Heaven? If that's the case, only humans have original sin (Adam and Eve and the Apple). Animals I would think would be free from that. So with that thinking, couldn't they get into Heaven then?

Comment

Originally posted by bhskittykatt View Post
                I could have my theology wrong, but isn't a large part of the issue with humans accepting God/Jesus to get into heaven start with original sin? Because we have original sin, we must be "saved" to get into Heaven? If that's the case, only humans have original sin (Adam and Eve and the Apple). Animals I would think would be free from that. So with that thinking, couldn't they get into Heaven then?
                If I were to play the cynical God's advocate, I could ask, "Have the animals overcome their beastly ways?".
                -- OMM 0000

Comment

I know it doesn't come right out and say that animals are fallen, but if they won't accept Jesus logic dictates they ain't goin' Up There.
                  "Won't" and "can't" are two different things. If a being lacks the ability to accept or understand Jesus (babies, animals, etc.) it's not the same as refusing to accept Him.

According to Revelation 19:11, when Jesus returns from Heaven, he'll be riding a white horse, as will the armies of Heaven (verse 14). That doesn't entirely answer the "do animals go to heaven" question, but the horses have to come from somewhere...

BTW, I liked that Twilight Zone episode. One of the best.
                  People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                  If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                    According to Revelation 19:11, when Jesus returns from Heaven, he'll be riding a white horse, as will the armies of Heaven (verse 14). That doesn't entirely answer the "do animals go to heaven" question, but the horses have to come from somewhere...
                    "Earth" is "somewhere".
                    -- OMM 0000

Comment

so the four horse men of the appocolypse have to stable them on earth?
                      I think their horses would be dead by now, so a stable boy is going to have to find 4 horses to loan out to a skeleton,l a thin covered in flies dude, an armed to the teeth guy and the other one

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                        so the four horse men of the appocolypse have to stable them on earth?
                        A few things. First, they might not be stabled by the Horsemen; they might be commandeered from someone's stable. Secondly, with the Horsemen being "supernatural", they might create their steed impromptu.

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                        I think their horses would be dead by now, so a stable boy is going to have to find 4 horses to loan out to a skeleton,l a thin covered in flies dude, an armed to the teeth guy and the other one
                        Is there anything saying that the horses (or even the Horsemen) are even in existence prior to the Apocalypse? For all we know, neither will be around until God snaps his fingers and they appear to wreak havoc.
                        -- OMM 0000

Comment

Working...
                        X