No announcement yet.

Waiter angered by religious tract disguised as $10 tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually out to dinner with someone who left one of those once. I was horrified.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
      I was actually out to dinner with someone who left one of those once. I was horrified.
      Did you try to.stop them?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
        Did you try to.stop them?
        Oh yes. I snatched it off the table and left a proper tip. I also apologized to the server, because he had acted like a total tool the whole time as well.

He was my ex-husband's uncle. Called himself a preacher. It was horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
          um the tract itself is thinly veiled threat of harm.

"if you don't accept Jesus, you'll spend an eternity burning in hell"-is that not a threat? Is that not wishing harm?
          I wouldn't call it a threat or wishing harm. I guess it was more a misguided warning.

I mean, if you WISHED harm on someone, you wouldn't warn them about their peril.

Having said that, I'll now say this: it never ceases to amaze me the lows that assholes and cheapwads and thieves will resort to in order to justify their mistreatment of their fellow human beings.

And yes, I do consider someone who pulls a stunt like this a thief. That they are trying to hide behind some sort of sanctimonious righteousness while they do it is beyond disgusting. The thief's next paycheck needs to be paid up in monopoly money and flaming dogshit. And maybe a bonus in the form of a kick to the berries.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post

This isn't about religion, it's about being a cheap asshole and using religion as the excuse.
            Oh trust me, I've known enough servers to know that these people aren't cheap, they will often buy expensive food, wear fine clothes, and drive nice cars, they just can't comprehend people who work on Sundays as being fully human.
            I used to love working in the movie theater and having people criticize me for working on Sunday and violating the Sabbath... thankfully my manager didn't have a problem with me pointing out that I wouldn't be working if they weren't buying tickets (mainly because Sunday wasn't very profitable as it was and she'd of loved being able to justify closing the theater on Sundays and shift those sales to more profitable days).

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I'd take it back to the church where it came from (most of these things have the name of a church printed on them), and put it in the collection plate. Maybe even write on the thing that it was given instead of a tip, and they can have it back.
            I've actually done that... the tract included a pre-addresed envelope for if you wanted to make a donation (yeah, because not only will a tract make me convert but make me want to tithe)... so I mailed back the tract and included a note "I hope this covers your expenses as well as it has covered mine"
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

When I read this story, my immediate response was, "That customer was too cheap to tip." Why else would they not leave even a dollar in "real money" as an actual tip?

As Dave Chappelle once said, "You can't buy weed and pussy with Disney Dollars." You also can't pay your bills with happy thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
                Oh yes. I snatched it off the table and left a proper tip. I also apologized to the server, because he had acted like a total tool the whole time as well.

He was my ex-husband's uncle. Called himself a preacher. It was horrid.
                In what church? The United Church of Assholeism and Douchebaggery?

Comment

Has a pamphlet ever, in the history of the modern world, ever, ever actually converted someone to a specific faith?
                  It's impossible to know. Theoretically, it *could* be the right nudge at the right moment... but if it were quantified accurately, and if I were a betting person, I'd lay money on more people NOT converting who otherwise eventually would than the other way around.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    I used to love working in the movie theater and having people criticize me for working on Sunday and violating the Sabbath... thankfully my manager didn't have a problem with me pointing out that I wouldn't be working if they weren't buying tickets
                    This. -.- Never fails to piss me off when someone walzes into the petrol station on a Sunday to fill up their car before church and comments on how terrible it is that places are open on the Sabbath day. Well, maybe if the likes of you didn't come here, then perhaps we wouldn't be open, shithead.

The worst was the old lady who came in on Sunday before church to buy a load of biscuits, coffee, tea etc for the after church tea and biccies session who constantly lectured me about the evils of stores opening on Sunday... while failing to realise that if we weren't open, then she wouldn't be able to buy her fucking shopping. -__-
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Seifer View Post
                      When I read this story, my immediate response was, "That customer was too cheap to tip." Why else would they not leave even a dollar in "real money" as an actual tip?

As Dave Chappelle once said, "You can't buy weed and pussy with Disney Dollars." You also can't pay your bills with happy thoughts.
                      my thoughts EXACTLY. in my line of work (delivering pizza), I would be a VERY wealth person IF I had a dollar or 2 for everytime someone said (after stiffing me)
                      1. Have a good night.
                      2. Keep warm (iin sub sub zero weather)
                      3. Dive safe (streets are like glass)
                      4. be careful out there (pick your imclement weather stiuation)
                      5. OHOHOHOHOHOH OMG OMG THANK YOU for coming to my door with FOOOOOODDDDDD (in the middle of a blizzard)
                      6. keep dry (during a torrential rain storm)
                      7. KEEP THE CHANGE (said sarcastically when given EXACT change)
                      8. THANK YOU FOR BEING OPEN SOOOOOO late that I could order food
                      9. sorry you had to come all the way out here but I am sorry I do not have any more money for a tip.
                      10. (variant of #9) sorry this is all I HAVVVVEEEEEEE (exact change in the form of a handfull or baggie of change)
                      11. I'm on a fixed income ya know
                      12. MY KIIDS is hungry OMG OMG THANKYOU.
                      13. here you go (when said house is worth more than my salary added up over the last 15 years)

thankfully I have NOT received a Chick Tract "fake money" tract as a tip but if I do, it will "accidently" slip from my hand and not get picked up. mangement can write me up if they want.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

One of my problems with these, among other things, is why does the person giving out the tract just assume the other person is a nonbeliever?

Comment

Originally posted by agirlfromnowhere View Post
                          One of my problems with these, among other things, is why does the person giving out the tract just assume the other person is a nonbeliever?
                          Because a real believer would have a stack of pamphlets just like them. -.-

Comment

I would be pissed too if I was in the waiter's shoes but I wouldn't dare harm somebody no matter how big of a jerk they are. I'm not going to put myself at risk of either losing my job, being arrested or worse because some asshole got a rise outta me.
                            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

And that is why I tip 20 percent.

I am sorry I know there are jerks out there doing stuff like this and my ex was a waitress I now how much an overtip can help.

That being said yeah I would have issues with anyone leaving a tip like this.
                              Jack Faire
                              Friend
                              Father
                              Smartass

Comment

I like the "P.S. I've never been more atheist" part. Because seriously. It's one thing to leave the stupid chick tracts in the bathroom or something (and I mean more the full booklet ones, although those are a special brand of stupid when you actually look at the story), but that one's just an asshole move. Yep because accepting Jesus into your life means He will come over, pay all your bills, and even go to work for you. Gee, how awesome is that?
                                "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Working...
                                X