Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm pretty sure I've figured out my vote for President...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting point, actually- IS Cthulhu actually evil, or merely not human? It's not as if the insanity is even deliberate on the part o the Great Old Ones- it's more a case of "they look so wierd human brains permanently lock up trying to understand WTF they are looking at" and don't seem to go to great efforts to deliberately cause insanity in humans.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      interesting point, actually- IS Cthulhu actually evil, or merely not human? It's not as if the insanity is even deliberate on the part o the Great Old Ones- it's more a case of "they look so wierd human brains permanently lock up trying to understand WTF they are looking at" and don't seem to go to great efforts to deliberately cause insanity in humans.
      It's a Blue-Orange morality. Our morality is Black-White, so if we come across someone who is Blue-Orange morality, we can't understand it. We try to put it into our Black-White morality, and it doesn't fit. Therefore, we can only base their alignment off their actions that we see, or the impact they have on us.

Thus, we label them as evil.

I'd like to see more parties come forward and have a chance, to actually give us options of making our political bodies more than just Red-Blue (and having one side so damn frequently decide "You aren't playing the way I want, I am taking my ball and going home." If we have more colors in the spectrum, one color deciding to up and out and not do their jobs doesn't completely cripple the entire government.)

So I am honestly hoping that the third parties trying to pop up now don't simply vanish again once the presidential election is over.

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
        Yep. In West Virginia and it feels the same. The state's going to swing Red because Republicans are the ones who keep promising to rewind time 70 years to when coal mining was good respectable work.
        Though coal mining has certainly come a very long way in terms of safety and such, that's gotta be among the most dangerous and grueling occupations out there. Whoever says that's not "good respectable work", well, how do you think their Xbox Live functions? :P

Comment

But then what would happen if it becomes harder to get a majority in the Electoral College because of all those minor parties (or indeed if any become a "third major league")...because then the House/Senate would decide the Pres/VP respectively. And if we did the election by strict popular vote, that would've happened in 1992/1996/2000, as no candidate received a majority of the popular votes. Shoot Andrew Jackson in 1824 got both the most popular and the most Electoral votes but because it was not a majority (over half) John Quincy Adams (who came in second in both categories) became the big guy instead.

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

except that isn't a problem because if a third party rises, they will ALSO win seats in the House and Senate- in which case, if they are sufficiently large- and it wouldn't take many- then the Republicans and Democrats would need to combine to dictate a candidate of their choice. Thus breaking down the partisan divide causing the problem/

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
              Though coal mining has certainly come a very long way in terms of safety and such, that's gotta be among the most dangerous and grueling occupations out there. Whoever says that's not "good respectable work", well, how do you think their Xbox Live functions? :P
              The whole coal thing drives me nuts. Being in MD we get allot of political spill from PA and WV. And of course we threaten civil war if either accidentally pollutes a bay tributary. That said we do not need coal anymore. Even with less coal being produced it sells for less and less. The next big thing was to build a shipping hub to get the crap over to China. And they don't really need it.

Coal is dying. And telling people they will have awesome mining jobs back, that cannot afford to pay anything. Needing environmental laws reduced so everyone is drinking metal again. Remove safety standards so they no longer need to apply them or are not liable for long term damages to employees. It's almost evil....

Talk about a post coal industry, not how they will use you as slaves and make the next generation deal with the human and environmental consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Daskinor View Post
                Talk about a post coal industry, not how they will use you as slaves and make the next generation deal with the human and environmental consequences.
                They even wanted to run coal through my city. Tried getting it voted in by the people up on the hill while conveniently forgetting to tell them about the health risks to the elderly and kids living in my neighborhood.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

Working...
                X