I can't even believe this exsists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
    Oh no, I'm supposed to be gay... I guess I better tell my girlfriend of ten years.
    dont forget your supposed to let your creepy uncle molest you because your craving manly attention....
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
      Right-wing and ignorant "doctors" and counsellors, like Dr. Laura Schlessinger, have been proposing for some time that homosexuality is cause by a withdrawn father and an overbearing mother. This is an idiotic idea held by people determined to keep their heads up their asses. There is mountains of evidence to indicate that sexuality is determined by our genes.

If that children's book author wants to help abused children, they could write the same book but take the homosexuality aspect out of it. It's misleading and damaging.
      I don't take anything Dr. Laura has to say seriously. She and Dr. Phil can go jump in the lake together as far as I"m concerned.

I've also heard about the genetic link to homosexuality and to me it seems logical, as I've heard that a lot of gays say that they knew they were different from the time they were small children.

I've also come to the conclusion that there's at least one gay person in most (if not all) families just based on looking into both sides of my family tree.

On my mom's side, she had a gay uncle who was married to a woman and a gay first cousin. On my dad's side, I have a first cousin who is a lesbian.

My mom's 2nd ex hubby has one son, and he turned out to be gay. But he admitted he liked girls too, so I guess he'd be more bisexual than anything. Poor kid didn't even know for sure himself, he was so confused when he was a teen.

I was confused by reading that book . . . I can't decide if it would actually help children who have been sexually abused or if it were created by a church who thinks that homosexuality can be cured with counseling.
      If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by DGoddess View Post
        I've also heard about the genetic link to homosexuality and to me it seems logical, as I've heard that a lot of gays say that they knew they were different from the time they were small children.
        It's true... I didn't know what it was, but I knew there was something different since the 3rd grade at least, by the 6th grade I suspected I may actually be gay/bi, by freshman year in high school I thought I was bi and by junior year I knew I was really gay but kept up the charade because everyone told me I should be attracted to women.

I don't know if there is a gay gene, but I can tell you from personal experience, this is how I've always been, there was no choice involved, there is no desire for a father figure, it's not because my mother was overbearing and I'm afraid of women... it just is.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Written by Jack Chick?

Comment

No, this book is actually useful in helping to treat abuse victims.

That, and the illustrations were much better than anything Jack Chick has drawn.

Comment

Working...
            X