No announcement yet.

Smoking: Whys and Wherefores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. The only times I've heard anyone advocating their friends/loved ones/anyone quitting smoking, they suggested using any method that would work, including the patch, gum, doctor's visits, etcetera.

Comment

I wasn't referring to that in any case; more in the case of government restrictions etc. There are loads of places that ban smokers, and super taxes on tabacco; yet any place that tried to ban obese people would be hit with a discrimination suit right away.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Well I just hope and pray that any of you who do smoke, if you ever want to quit, you never come across those abrasive assmunches who, with their "It's all in your head" rigomorale, pretty much make it a guarantee you won't be able to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
          I wasn't referring to that in any case; more in the case of government restrictions etc. There are loads of places that ban smokers, and super taxes on tabacco; yet any place that tried to ban obese people would be hit with a discrimination suit right away.
          It's not the smokers themselves being banned, just the act of smoking indoors.

Bit of a difference.
          "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
          "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

That's splitting hairs; think of a single place that bans the obese, or bans the obese eating there (not everyone, just the obese). There isn't one.

Comment

Yes, but someone smoking next to me is a health hazard, and obese person eating next to me isn't, unless they mistake me for food.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                Yes, but someone smoking next to me is a health hazard, and obese person eating next to me isn't, unless they mistake me for food.
                I understand you meant that as a joke...but seriously, there's a big gap between obesity and cannibalism.

Comment

I blame long pork for my weight gain.
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

One way that obesity does affect other people is if the obese person is on some kind of public health care assistance, right? If someone's hugely obese and has two heart attacks a week, guess who has to pay for that.

Actually, that's probably us smokers who are paying for that. Woohoo!

Comment

Interesting. I've noted that people are defining themselves as smokers or non-smokers. In reality, a 'smoker' is only going to smoke for five minutes or so of every waking hour (guessing - have never smoked).

Worth bearing in mind.

Rapscallion
                      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                        Interesting. I've noted that people are defining themselves as smokers or non-smokers. In reality, a 'smoker' is only going to smoke for five minutes or so of every waking hour (guessing - have never smoked).

Worth bearing in mind.

Rapscallion
                        You've obviously never met this guy down my local; or who used to frequent it til the smoking ban. O.o Honestly, no-one ever saw this guy without a cigarette in his mouth; he chainsmoked continuously. I swear, he probably sleep smoked. XD

Comment

Working...
                        X