No announcement yet.

Number 19!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the almost 24/7 emphasis on religion strike anyone else as a wee bit cult-like?
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
      Does the almost 24/7 emphasis on religion strike anyone else as a wee bit cult-like?
      It is one of the best ways to control people. "Defer pleasure now for everlasting reward." Not like they've got enough time to actually parent, with 18 of them, if he's got a job. So, they need to resort to basic forms of groupthink.
      Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
        Don't the odds of various birth defects/disorders go up the older the mother is?
        Yup, also exacerbated by the age of the father.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Who cares? If this family wants to have 19 kids, let them. The dad has a good job (until he gets voted out - unless he has a regular job now) and they are pretty self sufficient. Could it have been better had they not been from Arkansas or the dad having the name "Jim Bob"? Yeah.

At least this family doesn't have the drama like the Gosslins. And I don't see the Duggars on every single TV show, newspaper or magazine either.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
            Could it have been better had they not been from Arkansas or the dad having the name "Jim Bob"? Yeah.
            *sigh* Probably.

I often tell people where I'm from because 1) I'm proud to be a Southerner and a native Arkansan and 2) it helps explain the accent. Then I get to hear the oh-so-original jokes about going around barefoot all the time, people marrying their relatives, Bill Clinton this and that, Mike Huckabee this and that....*sigh* Or this stupid crap about the Duggars and the cult they're building. Sorry, I know they're living off a church and have practically brainwashed those kids. They're exploiting their kids for a reality TV show, which in and of itself should be illegal. If their show were scripted, the kids would only be able to work a few hours a day, depending on age. And yet it's okay to surround these kids with cameras 24/7?

Or....somebody gives me the "WHOOOOOPIGSOOOIE! Razorbacks!". Sorry, I went to Arkansas State not the University of Walmart Arkansas. There is more than one university there, y'know. My college actually teaches people stuff, not just play sports and have fraternities and spend the Walton and Tyson family funds.

*ahem* What were we talking about?

Comment

Getting pregnent within a year or two of giving brith dramatically increases the risks of all sorts of problems and not just for the baby either. Eclampsia, diabetes, and even heart attacks become much more likely.

Treating the uterus like a clown car is disgusting and borders on child neglect for the other kids in the household, but I don't think it quite rises to the level of illegal.
              There are lots of disgusting parents out there doing even worse things and not getting in trouble... so no matter how much I dislike them I have to side with their right to be nasty... for now.
              I'm a born atheist, so religions all look alike to me.

Comment

I'm surprised her female plumbing is dragging on the ground.

Ok, exaggeration. But, isn't just at risk for uterine prolapse or whatever?

If my girlfriend or wife wanted that many children, the answer would be a stunned, quivering and aghast "no".
                Crooked banks around the world would gladly give a loan today so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fashion Lad! View Post
                  I'm surprised her female plumbing is dragging on the ground.

Ok, exaggeration. But, isn't just at risk for uterine prolapse or whatever?

If my girlfriend or wife wanted that many children, the answer would be a stunned, quivering and aghast "no".
                  More like a resounding HELL NO for me. Three is the most amount of kids I'm willing to have, but no more than that and I've been explicit with him on this, no matter how rich or poor we are. No more than 3. After that it's IUDs for me.
                  There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                  X