No announcement yet.

Does Child Free have to be birth free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't say that adopting, and all the emotional stress that comes with it, is easier then having a kid. I'd say they are heros.

Comment

I am adopted, and have huge respect for adopters. Its because I am adopted and I do not ever want kids that I will never understand the "my kids MUST be of my DNA" mentality.

I also think 'rents should be up front about adoption...tell the kid from the get-go that they were adopted. I freaked out my 1st grade class with this info, including the teacher (she was shocked my 'rents told me the truth)

I remember talking to another adopted kid once, and she had a come-back to the "you're not your parents REAL kid." "Maybe, but at least I knew they wanted me!"

Mean, yes....but funny

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
        You can't say that adopting, and all the emotional stress that comes with it, is easier then having a kid. I'd say they are heros.
        Never said it was easier. I just don't think it's any huge deal except for those involved. You might as well say every mother is a hero for the pain and suffering she goes through to bring a child into the world at all.

And that's just silly, cause every fertile woman has the same ability. Nothing special about it or the person.
        I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X