No announcement yet.

Child Bride Courtney Stodden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were the mother of a 16 year old who said she was seeing a 51 year old, he wouldn't make it two steps into the house.

Comment

It's not just creepy but incredibly ridiculous that the mother allowed her 16 year old daughter to get married, especially to somebody who's more than old enough to be her father! If she was 18, let her do it if she wants, but 16 is WAY to young to get married, shotgun or not.
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

That's... Really skeezy. But I think calling it 'child bride' really devalues the term for the ACTUAL child brides in the world.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
          It's not just creepy but incredibly ridiculous that the mother allowed her 16 year old daughter to get married, especially to somebody who's more than old enough to be her father!
          Damned near grandfather. Just sayin'. My ex father-in-law at 50 was the grandfather of a 15 year old. Not that my ex's family was a model of propriety or anything, but still.

Damned pervy, if you ask me.

Comment

Just to be clear, I don't really consider her a "child bride", it's just the main headline for pretty much every story about her.

Comment

Yeah. "Child Bride" will sell more papers than "Slutty Teen Bride."

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Forgive my bluntness but...Some girls will fuck anything for the right amount of money. Seriously. What mother in their right mind lets this happen, much less gives her approval? It HAS to be about money. HAS TO.

Comment

Really old fashioned family values? I mean, a hundred years or so ago, that was totally normal. BUT, arranged marriages and dowries and whatnot were also normal, and aren't so much anymore, except for those whackjob people.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    Yeah. "Child Bride" will sell more papers than "Slutty Teen Bride."

^-.-^
                    LOL!! I never thought of it that way, but I agree with your point.

Comment

That guy might be loaded with money but I doubt it. Not that I've looked for him in anything but I can conly remember him being in The Green Mile. According to imdb he appears to do more TV than movies. I'd say her mother is going more for his Hollywood connections than his money.
                      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X