No announcement yet.

Horrible woman filmed stealing flowers from child's grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're lame, honestly, and certainly won't ever be doing something like that myself.

But I couldn't care less if someone else does it to their own car. It's just not important enough to even allow more than noticing it; they're certainly not worthy of allowing to be irked over.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      they're certainly not worthy of allowing to be irked over.

^-.-^
      Well, alrighty then!

Comment

I guess it depends. A lot of people have stuff done to their properties or places they own in memory of those who died (especially tragedies or teens/young adults taken too early), but I really don't see bumper stickers or anything like that.

The more inbreed side of my family makes t-shirts for the annual drunk fest they have to "Celebrate" the life of one of my cousins who died in a dam accident some odd years ago. I mean, it was a tragedy and he had such a young son at the time and I felt sad, but my stupid redneck family has thought it fit to have a day to ice fish and get shit-faced drunk to remember him every year, and make t-shirts and whatnot. I think it's tacky.

Comment

I don't care about car stickers. Whatever makes people feel better, I guess.

I saw one that startled me one time, though. It said

Mama Mary Ann
          >dates<
          "Da Bitch"

I hope Mama Mary Ann was cool with that nickname while she was alive, otherwise there is something very screwed up in that family.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            I guess it depends. A lot of people have stuff done to their properties or places they own in memory of those who died (especially tragedies or teens/young adults taken too early), but I really don't see bumper stickers or anything like that.

The more inbreed side of my family makes t-shirts for the annual drunk fest they have to "Celebrate" the life of one of my cousins who died in a dam accident some odd years ago. I mean, it was a tragedy and he had such a young son at the time and I felt sad, but my stupid redneck family has thought it fit to have a day to ice fish and get shit-faced drunk to remember him every year, and make t-shirts and whatnot. I think it's tacky.
            The window stickers... I wouldn't want to make a memorial out of part of my car, simply because I get attached enough to my cars as it is and would feel awful when it came time to sell the car (or worse, junk it) or the marked window got broken.

Not knowing how the inbreds in question are... I can see having a day something like that. Certainly I can see doing it once, and if you enjoy doing whatever together anyway, continuing to do it at the same time each year is a more reliable way of making an occasion of it than just doing it whenever you all happen to think of it and can arrange to get together. (The shirts sound to me like overdoing it, but again, if that's the sort of thing they enjoy doing....)

Now, if the cousin died because of drinking, I take all that back.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
              "In loving memory of Joe Smith", along with DOB and dates, and sometimes a very elaborate cross or praying hands sign, etc?

They irk the hell out of me.
              You're not the only one. There are several of those rolling monuments in my town. 99% of the time, it's on some shitbox Cavalier. I don't know about the rest of you, but if someone put my name "in loving memory" it had better be on a nice car. Otherwise, I'm going to haunt them

Comment

Working...
              X