No announcement yet.

Take the "cross" off of Hot Cross Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Preacher there are two knobs on the radio one that turns it off and one that changes the fucking station -1

Oh wait sorry wrong "Your wasting your time on bullshit" rant

sorry.

1 above remarks attributed to late great George Carlin
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
      Short version: Catholic Priest wants the cross taken off of the Hot Cross Buns, because of the fact that they are traditionally eaten on Good friday and they are being sold all year around (due to customer demand)

Thoughts?
      I would think that someone in the business of promoting Christianity would be pleased that a symbol of Good Friday would be available all year round, to remind people.

I've never had a Hot Cross Bun, but they look tasty. Will have to check the local bakeries.
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Please forgive me for what I do

You know what any Friday you can have Hot Cross Buns is indeed a good Friday.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
          I would think that someone in the business of promoting Christianity would be pleased that a symbol of Good Friday would be available all year round, to remind people.
          That depends on who is buying them. If the symbol is meaningful to the purchaser, it's a reminder. If it's just another pastry, then not.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

When I read the title, I was certain it was another militant athiest (Really need a 'word' for them, the way I use 'xtain' for the idiots calling themselves Christians) trying to cause drama...

Then I found out it was a *priest*... Yeah, only reasons I can think of is 1) utter control freak, or 2) wanted publicity...and the second sounds far more likely to me.
            Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

It must be nice for this to be the largest problem in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                That depends on who is buying them. If the symbol is meaningful to the purchaser, it's a reminder. If it's just another pastry, then not.
                Hence why I posted my list of alternate designs, the swastika even the reversed original would atleast in my lifetime be forever tainted, so you can't really just ice in a few extra lines and say "hey it's just a symbol", but atleast someone has a reason to get bent out of shape over it.

make the buns with the 666 "circle" symbol or a pentagram and call them "Devilishly good cakes"

I once, whilst fixing my bike, recorded a serise of annecdotes (mostly about my bike and its vandalisation) got onto the topic of easter egss and chocolate in general, I like chocolate and would have no qualms eating a chocolate dong aside from the price they went for when I read about them.

Some might say its gay to want to stick a cock shaped block of chocolate in my mouth, but save for the most massochistic gay man, I don't think they want to see it smacked onto the table to be broken into bite sized chunks first.

Comment

How are Safeway and Woolies supposed to sell them with the cross on, on Good Friday, when that is one of the 2 days the whole year they are actually closed?

I agree, this guy needs to find a serious issue to worrie about!
                  You're Perfect Yes It's True.. But Without Me You're Only You!

Comment

Working...
                  X