Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Twitter a newspaper, or is it the phone company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    Now, if you said, "It's my opinion that you would fuck a sheep in the middle of Harrod's front window," you would be protected. You aren't saying that the person is or is not a exhibitionist sheep-fucker, merely that you think the person is the type who would be inclined to fuck sheep in public.

^-.-^
    My suspicion is that any halfway decent judge would just point out that you cannot defend a slanderous attack by saying that it's opinion. There may be jurisdictional issues here - you have that first amendment thing going on, whereas we tend to expect people to back their shit up.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Yes, but saying that you think someone would fuck a sheep is a statement of opinion regarding their character.

Saying that your opinion is that someone did fuck a sheep is slander.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

All I know is that somewhere on a dark road in Scotland is one wobbly, happy sheep.

Comment

Wales, actually.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
            Wales, actually.

Rapscallion
            According to an Aussie I know, New Zealand.

Comment

There was something on the radio a few days back, never looked into it on the web for any links.

Some celebs have been tweeting about chocolate brands, endorsement deals I know not, it could just be "I love me some malteesers" and a few peeps kicked up a fuss with the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) that they were advertising with tweets.
              Granted if you have alot of followers then they will know you love malteesers and perhaps are currently enjoying a packet.

Joe blogs tweeting the same thing, wow thanks for the update joe. But because they have thousands of followers it mgiht sway oppinion from their chocolate of choice, then again I don't do twitter so I have no idea what celebs tweet about, I can only think of the "pooping time" penny arcade strip.

Again something on the news, one X factor (or similar) presenter had a tattoo of her perfume on her arm and would do a sideways fist cheast salute to the camera alot, that is a bit more blatant, if the tattoo was just words or a picture no issue, but cos her product had the same name they slapped her wrists.

Comment

Weird advertising rules y'all have over there.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                X