Fired for confrontation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
    And hell, if they want to live that lie, I guess I'm fine with that until they start using it for personal gain.
    For which there are already laws in place, so we don't need one that tramples all over the First Amendment.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      For which there are already laws in place, so we don't need one that tramples all over the First Amendment.

^-.-^
      BTW, I was a Special Forces officer that did three tours in 'Nam before I was born....

Comment

Those guys ARE annoying. I knew this one guy who was always relating stories of what Vietnam was like, spending a year living in a ditch and eating human flesh and how he stabbed some guy with a legbone from another guy...

And another guy who used to hint that he was into some kind of secret unit or something, that even though he was just a sargent or whatever, he had another secret file hidden in some basement that said his REAL rank and all that crap.

While not 100% accurate, you can usually tell the bullshitters because the guys who were actually there don't really want to talk about it all that much.

Comment

A relative of a friend of a relative tells tales like that. Unfortunately... he really thinks they're true

I stay away from him.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
            I get upset about people pretending to be in the military too but I don't think there should be a law against it.
            I wasn't endorsing the law merely explaining it. One of the things that always bugged me is how mindless people become when your wearing that uniform how people start acting like mind controlled zombies.

Not the people in the uniform but rather the civvies.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Hmm again I am conflicted. One one side..in cases like this nobody really gets hurt. However...

There is a logical reason to have laws preventing people from pretending to be things they are not. Like a doctor, or police man, or firefighter, and yes even military.

These people are in positions that people should be able to trust. (sadly we all know that is not the case, but notice I said SHOULD). So it is easier for the scammers to get whatever they want. Even if they do not con people for things, it can hurt the legitimate people when it comes to times we should listen and not question. (Ie if America gets attacked and a Military person comes up and starts giving directions to the nearest safe place, etc). If people are questioning everything said..people could get hurt and/or killed. Now we all know that people will question it anyhow, because we now do not trust that everybody will have our best interest in mind, but that is not the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                Hmm again I am conflicted. One one side..in cases like this nobody really gets hurt. However...

There is a logical reason to have laws preventing people from pretending to be things they are not. Like a doctor, or police man, or firefighter, and yes even military.

These people are in positions that people should be able to trust. (sadly we all know that is not the case, but notice I said SHOULD). So it is easier for the scammers to get whatever they want. Even if they do not con people for things, it can hurt the legitimate people when it comes to times we should listen and not question. (Ie if America gets attacked and a Military person comes up and starts giving directions to the nearest safe place, etc). If people are questioning everything said..people could get hurt and/or killed. Now we all know that people will question it anyhow, because we now do not trust that everybody will have our best interest in mind, but that is not the point.
                There are laws that cover impersonating a military person in uniform. And I actually agree with those.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Wilhelm_Voigt

Agree with those who dislike the Stolen Valor Act, and extend my respects to the Ex-Marine in the article. From what is written there, she behaved exemplary, both during the events and after.
                  "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                  "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Working...
                  X