Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stand up to the gays by badgering your local store manager!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, pulling this thread up because JCPenney is at it again.

Article at Gawker

Rather than just leave it at just a single catalog image, they put it front and center, with a regular father's day ad featuring a real-life gay male couple and their children with copy that explicitly acknowledges that there are two fathers involved.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well done by JCPenney. Glad to see them stand up for what is right.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Good on them. And to be honest, unless they'd come out and out and said that the men in the catalogue were supposed to be gay, I would've thought that the dads were just friends letting their kids play with them, it doesn't look all that different really

Either way, they've done a good job though. Thankfully the catalogues down here don't go to that extreme. (usually it's groups just "posing" without any specific focus on them being a "family")
        Last edited by fireheart17; 06-01-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I suspect this was made so prominent specifically in response to the fuss over their hiring Ellen.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

A friend of mine posted this on FB today and I chuckled.
            "I still don't see what the big deal is over that JC Penney ad. Jesus had two dads and over a billion people worship him to this day." - Reddit
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
            X