Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-Fil-A protester loses his job, and IMHO he deserved it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an update on this guy. He not only screwed himself but his wife and FOUR CHILDREN! He also got another CFO job that he lost when they found out about the video.

https://gma.yahoo.com/former-cfo-foo...l-finance.html

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      As a CFA worker in another article stated, with a roof over her head.

Some people just don't have the luxury to worry about principles. They're still working on lower tiers of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; food and shelter are at the bottom while morality and activism are at the top.

^-.-^
      Well, now this guy doesn't have those luxuries himself.

His wife divorced him, he hasn't been able to get another job in his field, and he's back living with his parents. He's on food stamps.

NO question his behavior was totally dickish. Hard lesson to learn. I do question whether the consequences of being an insensitive ass fit what he actually did.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post

Well, now this guy doesn't have those luxuries himself.

His wife divorced him, he hasn't been able to get another job in his field, and he's back living with his parents. He's on food stamps.

NO question his behavior was totally dickish. Hard lesson to learn. I do question whether the consequences of being an insensitive ass fit what he actually did.
        Cracked did a piece about the issue of internet justice recently: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...-over-justice/ .

I don't quite know if he deserves the continuing consequences, but he did deserve the initial ones. We live in a fairly public world. If you represent a company, particularly in a high level position, you have to keep that in mind.
        I has a blog!

Comment

I was reading about this elsewhere, and someone in the comments section (actually, a few people) brought up this point:

If he's having such difficulty getting a job, why don't the people he was "taking a stand" for offer him one?

Or, as someone else posited, maybe he hasn't been able to get a job for a couple of reasons:

1. He's a toolbag.
          2. He wants another $200K job.

#2 is his prerogative, and if that's the case, more power to him, but he might not be able to get a $200K job without taking something lower first, and working his way back up.

Comment

Honestly, I have trouble believing a competent CFO would go from rich to food stamps that fast.

I donĀ“t think he knows how to handle money well enought to be a CFO.

Comment

Working...
            X