• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironic name for a child molester

http://helenair.com/news/local/crime...a4bcf887a.html

Middle and last names: Roger Pound.

i don't get it....
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

The two mentioned are also slang terms for sex acts, and the one not mentioned is also slang for a penis.

I don't really find any humor or irony in it, myself.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It is kind of humourous, but it's glad to see that he's getting the sentence he deserves.

Comment

oh i know they are sex slang, i jsut don't get the humor part. *shrug*
          All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Oh, I do, think about when he hits prison.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
              Oh, I do, think about when he hits prison.
              He'll be sleeping with the big guy nammed Bubba amirite?

Comment

It's ironic, I guess, but, personally, I don't find any type of sexual assault funny, including prison rape.
                Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                  It's ironic, I guess, but, personally, I don't find any type of sexual assault funny, including prison rape.
                  Supporting prison rape is supporting rape of all kind tbh.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                    Supporting prison rape is supporting rape of all kind tbh.
                    Bullshit. And to prove it, I'll quote one of my favorite comedians.

Originally posted by George Carlin
                    They'll say: "You can't joke about rape! Rape is not funny!" I say, fuck you! I think it's hilarious, how do you like that? I can prove to you that rape is funny. Picture Porky Pig... raping Elmer Fudd! Well, why do you think they call him "Porky"?

Comment

Oh, well then, if George Carlin said it, then it must be a fact!!!

And, as much as I loved his humour, I never did find that one all that hilarious.

Rape is rape.
                      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Yeah, that's not really proof of any kind.

Whether or not you find some jokes about rape funny, though, when it actually happens to actual people, it's not really something to laugh at. I didn't really find any humor in the man's name - I get the coincidence, but honestly it just kind of makes me queezy, since, you know, he raped children. I've also never found prison rape to be a funny subject - so because they're criminals, they deserve to be raped? I wouldn't wish that on anybody, really. There are better ways to bring about justice than stooping down to their level.

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
                          Bullshit. And to prove it, I'll quote one of my favorite comedians.
                          Carlin is funny. That joke is funny. The concept remains unfunny.

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                          Oh, well then, if George Carlin said it, then it must be a fact!!!
                          Yeah. I know, right?

^-.-^
                          Last edited by Andara Bledin; 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't find the story funny, either, and prison rape is never justified.

That bit of Carlin's is actually quite brilliant if you read/hear the entire thing. It's similar to the bit Daniel Tosh does on abortion. He's joking about anti-abortion protesters and the crowd kind of flinches. He responds, "Oh, so they can harass a young girl who's making the toughest decision of her life, but I point it out and I'm the asshole? Got it."

Comment

People say, "Oh well, they are just criminals. If they're in prison, then they deserve what they get."

Guilt or innocence is irrelevant.

There is never a valid reason for rape.

You can't have it both ways.
                              You can't support "Slut Walk" and condemn those who say, "She was asking for it" by her behaviour and/or dress, and then say, "Yeah, well, s/he was a criminal and in prison so s/he deserved it."

They were charged and tried in court, and they were given a punishment which did not involve being raped by other prisoners.
                              Point to Ponder:

Comment

Working...
                              X