Teenage girl kicked out of school for dyeing her hair auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
    You are taught that if you want to make it into the Celestrial Kingdom, you must be baptized, get married in the Temple,
    I realize that the church has "officially" condemned polygamy (a requirement to get Utah admitted to the U.S. as a state), but some of the fundamentalists still practice it. How do they reconcile the above belief with the facts below:

- Boys and girls are born in roughly equal numbers.
    - Unless some phenomenon either removes young men from the community, or brings in young women, there will be roughly equal numbers of men and women.
    - When the numbers are equal, for each man who marries twice, there will be one man who can't get married because there are no available women (for each with 3 wives, there will be 2 who can't get married, etc.).

Combine that with the belief that marriage is necessary to get your "ticket to heaven" punched, my impression is that the polygamists have the attitude "In order to get a better place in heaven for myself, it's OK to condemn you to hell". Doesn't reconcile with the Golden Rule.

Comment

Working...
    X