Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting a thumb in the eye of the WBC, in the most legal way possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGoddess View Post
    You have to admit, it's a pretty cool paint job.

And I don't think there's anything legally the WBC can do to get the guy to change the paint job.
    Not a damn thing. The neighborhood is too old to be in an HOA. The city might have an ordinance, but the new neighbor would probably LOVE the attention a court fight would bring.

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Only if there were an HOA involved, and I doubt those two forms of evil would be compatible.
    Almost broke the first rule

Actually, WBC responded the only way they could . . . by trying to show the new neighbors only prove their point.

Unfortunately, it still sounds lame.
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

It's a nice gesture in its way, but the WBC love any publicity, so it's not going to have any impact on them -- except to give them a chance to put on their "persecuted for Jesus" robes.

Again.

One thing I'd like to see is the WBC cover over all windows on their building(s) from which they can see this 'abomination' ...

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Only if there were an HOA involved, and I doubt those two forms of evil would be compatible.
        I doubt an HOA would do anything unless it's dominated by the WBC, actually: this guy has the support of his neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          I doubt an HOA would do anything unless it's dominated by the WBC, actually: this guy has the support of his neighbours.
          If they existed, and if they had a restriction on how houses may be painted, they'd *have* to... or else lose the ability to enforce it on anyone. And that would involve their losing power, which if they were willing to do they wouldn't exist in the first place.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
          X