No announcement yet.

Entitlement going too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's certainly an odd request, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it ENTITLED. Entitlement, to me, is an attitude. It's in how you react, not in what you want. It's not just in wanting, but in believing you SHOULD have it, and there's a problem if you DON'T.

I like my whoppers with only mayonnaise, and I also like them having been in the refrigerator for four hours, so they're not at all hot. I really hate heat, after all, and that includes most hot food.

If I were to walk into Burger King, and say "Hi, I want a whopper with only mayonnaise, and I want you to put it in your freezer for fifteen minutes so it gets cold, can you do that?" And the person there said no, and my reaction was "WELL FUCK YOU! I DEMAND YOU DO THIS FOR ME! I HAVE EATEN AT BURGER KING MY WHOLE LIFE, AND I DESERVE BURGERS HOWEVER I WANT!" That's entitlement.

However, if my response is, "Oh, curses. I hoped that'd work. Ah well, can I just have the whopper then?" Then I'm not being entitled. Now, I might be being eccentric. But I wasn't acting like I DESERVED a cold whopper. I was just hoping asking might net me one.

Don't get me wrong. It's WEIRD that they would want to have their crib there. But without knowing how they would react to being told no, I don't think I can call them entitled.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Had you ordered from my a Big 'n' Tasty fixed that way, no problem. Pay now, and come back to the counter when you think it's going to be cold enough. Couldn't very well sell you a Whopper, though, for obvious reasons
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
      X