McDonald offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
    What bugs me is all the smug people in the comments saying "Retail isn't meant to be a life job!" and "Quit and find something better!"
    Disgusting. These same assholes are the ones in the tipping debates who say shit like 'Why should I tip? You don't like it, go out and get a better job!'.

Ugh, as if the vast majority of people who work in fast food WANT do this and don't want to better themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
      Disgusting. These same assholes are the ones in the tipping debates who say shit like 'Why should I tip? You don't like it, go out and get a better job!'.

Ugh, as if the vast majority of people who work in fast food WANT do this and don't want to better themselves.
      Exactly. The only job I have been able to get in MONTHS has been my current job, which is only seasonal. Either no one is hiring, or there are so MANY people looking for jobs that getting a good one is impossible. I have a friend who worked at a coffee shop for a few years because it was one of the few places that didn't feel her university education made her OVER qualified. It was the kind of place that fired people for trying to unionize, but it was the only place that would hire her and it paid her bills.

Working at McDonald's is no one's end game or dream job, it's just something to keep your head above water. And even that isn't always true.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post

Usually my response to this is: "Well if jobs are falling out of the sky, then please leave your job and go find another one if it's so easy. Oh wait, what's that, you can't afford to do so/you like your job? Well how am I supposed to believe you then given that <insert comment about field of work/job market here>"

Tends to shut them up about 80-90% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X