No announcement yet.

"Rich" kid kills 4, gets probation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To point something out with the comparisons that were made a while back between the kid who punched someone and this kid.... If I punched someone and got arrested for it, I'd be arrested for assault, not attempted murder. Yes, when you assault someone there is a reasonable assumption they will get injured. But when you drink that much and drive, there is also a reasonable assumption someone will get injured as well. I'd say one punch likely has less risk of killing someone than driving drunk so the comparison really can't be dismissed like that.

Comment

• Sooner or later the LEOs will catch up to him and he'll either cry like a baby or do something stupid and the LEOs will either have to beat him up or shoot him. His "parents" didn't do him any favors in letting him skate on this. I predict a short life for this boy.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
        Sooner or later the LEOs will catch up to him and he'll either cry like a baby or do something stupid and the LEOs will either have to beat him up or shoot him. His "parents" didn't do him any favors in letting him skate on this. I predict a short life for this boy.
        He'll probably come back eventually, then claim he didn't know it wasn't okay to flee the country and it's the fault of his parents that he didn't know.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          He'll probably come back eventually, then claim he didn't know it wasn't okay to flee the country and it's the fault of his parents that he didn't know.
          Although if his mother is with him, I'd assume that she knows (or at least was told). Remember, they can't find the mother, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjr View Post

Although if his mother is with him, I'd assume that she knows (or at least was told). Remember, they can't find the mother, either.
            But that just gives him greater claim that he didn't know. His mom took him out of the country. It must have been fine! /sarcasm
            I has a blog!

Comment

• Actually, I wonder why nobody has pointed out that technically, "Affluenza" is more-or-less simply legal insanity- in which case, the kid really should have been confined - even if not to an actual secure hospital- as in, the places where insane murderers are sent- then he should not have been at liberty to go out and party like any other kid. (the justification being that, if the kid really can't see right from wrong, then he is a danger to himself and others. As such, keeping him away from wider society is, if you think about it, an extremely good idea. (the idea would be to gradually work to cure him of the 'affluenza' by teaching him the difference between right and wrong.Then, yes, he could be released.)

Comment

• Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                Actually, I wonder why nobody has pointed out that technically, "Affluenza" is more-or-less simply legal insanity- in which case, the kid really should have been confined - even if not to an actual secure hospital
                He was. The parents/awful judge wanted to send him to some fancy ass resort "rehabilitation" center but a different judge ended up sending him to North Texas State mental in-patient facility. In a sort of "well, if you say this is a real mental illness you're gonna get real mental illness treatment". So this is him post treatment. IE still an arrogant little prick that thinks he can get away with anything because the defense was bullshit to begin with.

Its also worth noting they faced and settled 5 of 6 lawsuits so far but the 6th refused to settle and requested a jury trial. So mom and son had a civil lawsuit trial looming too before they fled that wouldn't go away when they threw money at it.

Comment

• um, in that case, then someone apart from the kid in question screwed up. In cases of mentally ill defendants, they are supposed to undergo treatment until they are no longer mentally ill to the same level (the standard is basically "no longer pose a threat to the public")- if the kid is still the exact same arrogant little prick, then he shouldn't have been released. (I'm not saying it excuses the kid's behaviour- just that it makes the situation a little bit more complicated.)

Comment

• Found and arrested in Mexico.

I wonder how many hours of community service he'll get.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Found and arrested in Mexico.
                      Caught near a Puerto Vallarta at that. Fled the country but couldn't stay away from a resort.

Comment

I wonder how many hours of community service he'll get.
                        He'll get plenty of service if he drops the soap.

Comment

• I think his cell mates are going to make him a sandwich.
                          Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• Yay. Male prison rape jokes! Glad to see you guys are keeping to the moral high ground here...
                            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

• So since he's being held in Mexico it makes me wonder why they didn't go further away. Like somewhere in South America or Cuba or something. Maybe Europe.

My guess is that they were going to, but had to settle for Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canarr View Post
                                Yay. Male prison rape jokes! Glad to see you guys are keeping to the moral high ground here...
                                Yea, I still don't get how people can think rape is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X