Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOMB FOUND IN LUGGAGE still allowed to board plane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can almost see "forgetting" i had item "x" in my bags/on my person as a possibility as i routinely carry a pen, sharpie and a heavy duty razor knife in my left front pants pocket (daily use at my job). I just don't think about em and it's a pretty automatic response if i need one of the 3 to go to that spot for em. Frankly I feel "naked" If the knifes heft isn't there since I've had it now for 8+ years living in my left front pocket. However I'm not an idiot and know that there are places where the razor knife can't go. Like an airport... Or a museum/concert/other public venue and it stays home. I do like my knife, it is one of the many tools I used to help build batteries that are currently scampering around on Mars with another on its way to Jupiter. It's pretty damn special to me and I'm not in the mood to loose it because of something stupid like having it confiscated.

In any event, doesn't being responsible enough to have possession of something potentially deadly mean you have to know where it is and what state said items are in at all times??? If you can't do that them you have no business handling the item in any capacity.

Comment

If we're gonna talk tsa lets talk Adam Savage accidentally taking two foot long razor blades on a plane and not getting caught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4

Comment

I've told the story before, but ti fits in here. (The explosive guy was an idiot none the less but this is my story).

November, 2001, just after 9/11, I was flying from San Francisco to Greenland by way of Copenhagen. On the way out, I was picked for extra examination apparently at random. Not a huge deal, but it meant I had my carryon inspected at security, AND at the gate on every leg of my trip (San Fran, Seattle, and Copenhagen). Even stranger, I was checked again coming OFF the plane in Kangerlussaq, Greenland.

On the way back, I wasn't flagged for the extra screening. Now at the time, I carried a swiss army knife with me everywhere, just a 2 blade+ 2 screwdriver version. I'd put it in my checked bags going out, but coming back, I had it in my pocket and thought nothing of it.

Metal detector in Kangerlussaq? Not a peep.
        Metal detector in Copenhagen? Not a peep.
        Realized I had it in my pocket when we were in Seattle, in the line for security for the San Fran flight. I slipped it from my pocket to my book bag pocket.
        Security in Seattle? Not a peep.

So yeah, after that, I've just rolled my eyes at all these TSA paranoia restrictions. I follow them (for the shoes, begrudgingly but I don't raise a fuss), but I know they don't do anything but make air travel extra annoying.

Comment

Every time I've gone through one of those full body scanners, I get stopped for something. Usually it's in the same place. I wonder if those things pick up stuff that I should get checked? I've heard that they've stopped using those...where's the Congressional committee investigating that bit of waste?

Comment

Working...
          X