Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen has genitals ruptured by Police (Possibly NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, anyone can die from shock, so it's likely probably that someone has died from a blow to the genitals. By that same token, people have likely died from hand injuries, too (more of that 'chock full of nerve endings' thing).
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know that getting cut hurts, but bleeding doesn't. It may be something like that.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I think this story is in the wrong section. It should be in "Grab Bag"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Hero View Post

*groans at the bad pun*
          I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Hero View Post
            That was a terrible joke, but funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakhur View Post
              But this isn't the kind on injury you can just ignore. I can't believe that a kid could last overnight with that much pain and not go to a doctor until the next day. There's masses of nerve bundles literally just hanging around down there. You can kill a man with a single blow to the groin!

And we're supposed to believe that a teenager had that kind of injury, walked around for 8 hours without complaining, and then mentioned it? No, don't buy it.
              well, it should be easy enough to verify...

Comment

I'm not sure he was walking around for 8 hours, given that he was in a cell to begin with and hes in a wheelchair now. -.-

Also, he did scream when she popped his junk. So that should have been a indication for Officer Tugsack.
                Last edited by Gravekeeper; 02-10-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

can we please do something about the cops?
                  I'm just going to point this out: according to Wikipedia (if someone has a more up to date or trustworthy source, please use that) we have roughly 794,000 cops in the US. If we assume just .1% of them are up to no good (in private industry with employees it's a fuck ton higher than that.) that means there are 794 dirty cops out there that given the internet, we hear about. Think about how often people post articles articles about dirty cops but then think about what that number is actually telling you. When cops get caught, it gets reported. Are there 794 stories about it in the United States this year? Yes, I'm aware not everyone is caught.

I mean, I'm sure we can create a kinder, gentler, better police force. But I guarantee you the public won't pay for it. They're not going to pay the kind of funds it takes to get exclusively extremely smart, upright, and capable people (not saying cops are dumb, I'm saying they are probably a fairly random sample). Hell, if I could make money doing it I would be a cop. But like a lot of people, a life of the public hating you for no money, with the constant stress on your family, etc. is going to attract a very specific type of personality. A type of personality that won't always be above reproach.

In a world where it's estimated that about 75% of regular employees steal from their employers at least once and almost 40% do it more than once (Source), think about just how often you COULD hear these stories. If people in general are just that prone to bending the law, can we be shocked? And this is how often we hear about them with a certain segment of the population meticulously cataloguing the abuses 'cause cops suck or something.

On this case specifically though... the fuck part of a search causes testicular injury? I'm with the people that say we shouldn't need that much deliberation before charges are pressed. You can't do that to a guy's balls without intent, especially if he's already had to strip and present himself.
                  Last edited by D_Yeti_Esquire; 02-10-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
                    I'm just going to point this out: according to Wikipedia (if someone has a more up to date or trustworthy source, please use that) we have roughly 794,000 cops in the US.
                    To be more precise, it's a general rate of 1 incidence of misconduct out of every 116.4 police officers per year. The top three types of misconduct are excessive force, sexual misconduct and fraud/theft. Out of that, only 7% of officers involved were disciplined and only 4.5% were fired. For those charged, the conviction rate is about 31% ( Compared to 68% for civilians charged for the same crimes ). The average prison sentence length for the same crimes is 37 months for civilians, 14 months for police officers. Officers are also more likely to receive probation.

However, some odd 60-70% of police misconduct incidents are not reported by victims due to the level of difficulty and at times out right intimidation involved with trying to file a report. Furthermore, certain States have much higher rates of police misconduct than others that skew up the average.

The worst being Oklahoma, Montana, West Virginia, Mississippi and Louisiana. Who have rates that are near 3 times higher than the national average. Of course, on top of everything else the incident rates are grossly disproportional towards blacks and Hispanics. As a final fun fact, in 2010 police misconduct in the US cost $346,512,800 in legal fees and settlements to victims. >.>

Comparatively speaking, the RCMP has a rate of 1 incident ( Specifically brutality, sexual misconduct, harassment or fraud ) per 1266 officers per year with a 35% rate of firing/resignation.

I mean, I'm sure we can create a kinder, gentler, better police force. But I guarantee you the public won't pay for it. They're not going to pay the kind of funds it takes to get exclusively extremely smart, upright, and capable people (not saying cops are dumb, I'm saying they are probably a fairly random sample).
                    Probably not, no. Canadian police are some of the most well paid and best trained in the world. And it shows both in the rate of misconduct and in the public trust in them.

However, the pay grade is only a small part of the problem in the US. Because the pay, training, requirements, standards, etc all vary wildly from state to state and even city to city down there. There's also a heavy focus on more officers rather than better officers. Quantity over quality. Combine that with how inclusive American and self protective American police are, and it goes downhill pretty quick, yeah.

In a world where it's estimated that about 75% of regular employees steal from their employers at least once and almost 40% do it more than once (Source), think about just how often you COULD hear these stories. If people in general are just that prone to bending the law, can we be shocked? And this is how often we hear about them with a certain segment of the population meticulously cataloguing the abuses 'cause cops suck or something.
                    Beating the crap out of a suspect is a far cry from stealing office supplies. Also, if there's anyone hellbent on meticulously cataloging anything that costs them money its corporate employers. Those stats are shocking on the surface but with no break down by business or type its difficult to make a judgement. It also does not include the amount recovered.

When you look at the retail sector specifically its more illuminating, somewhat less shocking and also includes recovery amounts.

Comment

Fair enough on the stats. It really wasn't meant as a major dig in, rather just something to be mulled over. I've worked in three areas primarily over the years, accounting/finance, IT, and retail and my experiences there have shaped quite a bit of my perspective on bell curves and human behavior. But Cops breaking the law tend to make people antsy where I've seen people carted off for fraud, embezzlement, bad checks (ok, technically I never saw it... I was involved in compiling evidence) and stealing and no one really cares. I'm never shocked by malfeasance. I'm shocked when I don't see it more often because often it makes me suspect someone's not doing their job and frequently I've been proved right. I just feel like the point needs to be made, compared to the rest of the population less than 1% is pretty damn good.

As far as enforcement after that, the problem we're always going to have in court is that as a defense, an officer's job and the distractions of it are always going to provide more alibis, extenuating circumstances, and more reasonable doubt than just about any other profession. Without slam dunk evidence, if someone claims a cop beat him without provocation I'd admit that I'd be looking for overwhelming proof because that's EXACTLY what I'd say if I were trying to beat my wrap. It's not fair, but there it is. And even if you can prove it, how hard would it be to find a psychiatrist to swear under oath that an officer was suffering from PTSD or in some way was unwell due to... well that job.

Comment

But Cops breaking the law tend to make people antsy where I've seen people carted off for fraud, embezzlement, bad checks (ok, technically I never saw it... I was involved in compiling evidence) and stealing and no one really cares.
                        Well, cops breaking the law makes people antsy because its their job to uphold the law and the law is the biggest cornerstone of modern society that keeps us all from being roving packs of wasteland bandits.

As far as enforcement after that, the problem we're always going to have in court is that as a defense, an officer's job and the distractions of it are always going to provide more alibis, extenuating circumstances, and more reasonable doubt than just about any other profession.
                        The problem is police culture in the US is a very much Us vs Them mentality mixed with a good ol' boys club. You're expected to back up your fellow officers, even if they are in the wrong. Covering for a bad cop is culturally preferable than being a snitch to Internal Affairs. IA is always the bad guy in every American cop show or movie. Then if IA isn't involved, its cops investigating cops within the same station or precinct.

Combine this with the fact that some police forces make it as hard as possible for a victim to come forward. They're intimidated the moment they walk into the station and say why they're there. Especially if they're not white.

The story of this thread is actually a perfect example.

On one side you have a straight A student with no history of problems with the law or in school. Who was with his team mates on the basketball team that had just gotten off the bus and were walking to gym for their next game. The principal of their school, 10 minutes prior on the bus, provided them with hats, scarfs and gloves because it was cold out.

On the other side you have an officer that claims they were all wearing ski masks and that the student resisted arrested and assaulted him, that he hit the officer 3 times and tore off his radio but that he sustained no injuries from the assault. He had him charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest and reckless endangerment. And then his fellow officer ruptured his balls.

In the middle you have a witnesses that stopped to watch because they found the level of force being used on the kid to be awe inspiring. ( There were a total of *10* police vehicles that responded for this one kid ). Even disregarding all that, a female officer should not have been allowed to frisk him when there were male officers present that could have done so.

Here is the video of the incident from the police surveillance camera. ( It pans the intersection every 10 seconds has the jump cuts ).

You can see that he willingly comes over to the police to co-operate. Who put him up against the car. Then shove him against the van. Then it all goes to hell and he's on the ground trying to crawl away while being dog piled. The female officer is the one that pulls her baton and chases away the bystander that was complaining about the scene.

More and more officers pour in. They then have him by the police van for several minutes checking him out before putting him in the van. But then they take him back out of the van and the female officer takes him across the intersection to another patrol car. Where he is frisked for a goodly while by the female officer while several male officers stand around watching.

It should also be noted there is another police camera watching this street from a different angle but the police have not released footage from it. The original video for this incident was over an hour long despite the incident only transpiring over about 20 minutes and was not posted with any fanfare so to speak. The original video does not even identify what happened or who was arrested. Its just listed as "police incident". It had to be dug up by some interwebz sleuths and edited down to the relevant bits.

Comment

Working...
                        X