Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Shop Manager arrested in food tampering FAIL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Why is vacuum-packed or frozen bad?
    I'm not paying for someone else to heat up a supermarket pizza for me. >.>

Plus what are the buzz words they always use in marketing? Hot, fresh, quality ingredients, 100% this or that.

I mean cripes, Pizza Hut is currently advertising hand tossed pizza as a new thing like it never occurred to them before.

Comment

Why is vacuum-packed or frozen bad?
      Most places heavily advertise FRESH ingredients. vacumun packed means that the, especially veggies, product is not fresh but can be up to 7 days old by the time it is used (no so fresh). if you really pay attention to the adverts like for Olive Garden and then look in their back room/kitchen a LOT of stuff is not fresh made but comes in from a factory frozen.

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      I'm not paying for someone else to heat up a supermarket pizza for me. >.>

Plus what are the buzz words they always use in marketing? Hot, fresh, quality ingredients, 100% this or that.

I mean cripes, Pizza Hut is currently advertising hand tossed pizza as a new thing like it never occurred to them before.
      They did change the dough recipe and they "enhanced" the product with some crappy garlic oil. NOT that this really makes a difference.
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

We used to have a pizza place around here that was guaranteed to have only ingredients produced in Michigan. When asked they could pull out a list of every farm and green house they bought stuff from.

I miss that place. :/

Comment

The reason why Pizza Hut (or most franchise places for that matter) are labelled as inferior is because they focus on volume, not quality. To that end, most of the time the ingredients are mediocre quality and are at best empty calories. It's why you can eat a lot of a franchise pizza without feeling full while a local shop that makes their stuff fresh (or home made as well) can fill you up a lot faster.

Comment

Produce easily can be fresh for that length of time if it's vacuum sealed and refrigerated. Yes, FRESH. Because freshness is a matter of what state the food is in. Removing the air, along with refrigeration, keeps the food fresh longer. To define freshness strictly by how long the food has been picked rather than by its actual condition is to make the word worse than useless for practical purposes.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Produce easily can be fresh for that length of time if it's vacuum sealed and refrigerated. Yes, FRESH. Because freshness is a matter of what state the food is in. Removing the air, along with refrigeration, keeps the food fresh longer. To define freshness strictly by how long the food has been picked rather than by its actual condition is to make the word worse than useless for practical purposes.
              you would be SURPRISED at how slimy veggies (diced green peppers are the worst) get, even when vacumuned packed after a couple of days in our cooler.

Pizza HUT USED to do everything fresh in-store. Make the dough daily, chop veggies daily, grate cheese daily, etc.

NOW everything comes in a bag or box off of a truck and is either cooler material or frozen. this is done to save labor costs and the pre-prepared product is "cheaper" in the short run.
              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
                Pizza HUT USED to do everything fresh in-store. Make the dough daily, chop veggies daily, grate cheese daily, etc.
                you reminded me of something random yet funny. one of the local places here doesn't grate the mozzarella for their pizza. they buy it from a place that gives them bulk, precut slices. then they just lay them overlapping on top. apperantly cuts a frigton of waste for them since no cheeze gets sprinkled on the floor or counters.
                All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                  "Imitation Parmesan Cheese".
                  That one I can possibly explain. The name Parmesan for cheese is protected under EU law regarding products of designated origin. If it doesn't come from Parmesan, it cannot legally bear the name over here. One English producer we used to stock had to send their English Parmesan over to Italy and then ship it back to use the name. They went bust eventually.

I suspect the Americas are not bound by this bit of legalese, but there may be something, and I rather suspect that they're more interested in avoiding litigation from those owning trademarks and the like.

Rapscallion
                  Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                  Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X