No announcement yet.

It's not Thanksgiving yet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's Z100. They are all pretty lame.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      <snip> Or, and this makes me crazy, in the CS card exchange, saying things like, "Well, I got soandso's card, but I'm not sending mine out until after Thanksgiving." Well, goody for you, maybe that person had the time and cash to send them out early and wanted to get it off their plates. Passive aggressive much?

<snip>
      EDIT:
      Re-read my posts over on CS. Definitely wasn't me. My comment was "LOL WOW you guys are starting early! THANKS!" and "I have no complaints about receiving cards early, but my preference is to send mine to you guys after Thanksgiving. I'll start hanging them at work once I receive a few more. I love this time of year!"
      /Edit.

Still, you all had me worried that that might have been misinterpreted. Now you've got me curious. Up to the last time I checked the thread (admittedly, that was 4 days ago), I hadn't noticed any comments that seemed snarky.

And while I don't care how people shop or how they celebrate, I think it's WAY over the top when retailers start putting out the Christmas stuff when Halloween isn't even over. I mean. Give me a fucking break. There are TWO holidays left before Christmas, ya know. Maybe some of us like to actually celebrate them?

One of our local stations started up with the Christmas music about a week ago, too. Too. Early. If it makes me a bad person, so be it. I don't want to hear it, yet.

EDIT again:

Ok. I re-read the entire thread. I'm going to have to disagree that those posts were meant to be snarky. I mean, you guys are entitled to your opinion for sure, but I didn't get that vibe from, anyone. *confused face*
      Last edited by DesignFox; 11-16-2009, 10:37 PM. Reason: reviewed the thread in question
      "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
      "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

I agree AA. I prefer to keep my complaints limited to the way the retail environment just ruins it for you. Personally I don't care much for the holidays. They're fun in that I get to see family and have a nice day with them eating and doing fun games and stuff. But the whole stress of buying everyone a present. No thank you.

People call me a grinch cause I don't buy a lot of gifts. In fact I barely do at all. Well sorry but who says I HAVE to give you a gift. If I want to give you a gift I will. But I don't HAVE to. Why can't we just enjoy the holiday, the food, the decorations, etc. Why do we have to get all anal about it?

Comment

I swear, no matter how many times I remind myself, whenever I see someone saying that Thanksgiving is coming up in November I spend a moment in mild confusion :P .

As for Christmas stuff going up with the halloween stuff, it's mildly annoying, but I can deal. Though, keep me out of the aisles with the red velvet bows, I still hate the things, it's been 3 years since I worked at Zellers and I still hate them. 3 pallets worth of them will do that to a person I guess.

When exactly is American thanksgiving anyway? Has it happened already? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

I actually got this. Friday people were rushing to call in and deal with all of their business because many are going to be busy for the holiday week. This one woman was all, "Merry Christmas" All I could do was stammer out, "Uhm you too".
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by muses_nightmare View Post
              When exactly is American thanksgiving anyway? Has it happened already? Just out of curiosity.
              It's always the fourth Thursday in November. This year it falls on the 26th.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Hell half the time I can't remember when the Canadian one is (besides being october )! That's just from not making a huge deal of it since we don't really have family around during that holiday.

Comment

Working...
                X