Size Really Matters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Don't forget, boys; the bigger the car, the smaller the penis.
    I drive a Hyundai Accent.

I have no problem with big cars, so long as people know how to drive the frickin things.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I'm guilty of carrying a massive bag, though to be fair, It's essentially my backpack for school. It's also not uber colourful or anything, just patent black. Though I've been known to carry huge bags when I wasn't in school, what can I say, I usually have about 3 books on the go, and my sketchbook in there.

Comment

In my wife's family, I think there is a rule that once you hit 50, you have to buy one of those behemoth trucks. Her grandfather has a Ford F9000000000000 3 diesel pickup, and the thing handles like a fucking semi. One time, he needed me to move his truck down the street, and I misjudged how wide I would have to turn the thing, and took out part of a house's fence. No one lived there, so I just patched up the fence and no harm no foul. But JESUS, to turn the thing onto the main street, you had to damn near run over the opposite side of the road's curb! And the scary thing? EVERY older male on her mother's side of the family owns the same model battleship.

Comment

Contents of my backpack, flashlight, can opener, laptop, books I am reading, notebook for my notes, lunch, PDA, MP3, gameboy advance, uhm that's all I can think of without looking
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Oh, I carry a pretty sizeable bag when the situation calls for it, and some of the stuff I keep in it have people raising eyebrows. HOWEVER, I also know how to manuever it, and in the case of public transportation, I also know how to make sure my butt and my bag only take up one seat, rather than a whole section of the bus. (Ok, maybe a little more than one seat, but that's only because I'm very curvy, especially in the hips and ass. I'm sorry I'm working on it, I promise!)

Comment

In certain parts of my state, the temptation to leave people nasty notes on their monster trucks is great. Unless you are a farmer or a contractor, you don't need to drive a goddamn land-ark; especially if you live in city areas. Parking is bad enough without some yuppie shit-head taking up half the street and five parking slots with their SUV.

And Blas, I think you're right about having to re-paint the parking spaces. Once or twice at the food store I had to park next to people with those goddamn Escalades...Seriously, they barely fit, and these are wide spaces with the double lines. I have no doubt in my mind that people who drive those fucking things are the ones who left the dents in my side doors. *ahem*

When I worked at the mall I figured out why these moms need those big ass SUVs. It's for the air-craft carrier sized strollers they push around the mall. and YES I hate that, too! Remember when we were kids? We had those uncomfortable little fold-up things. What's with this shit giving the stroller cup-holders, bag-space, toys, padding, SUSPENSION SYSTEMS!!!??? Seriously.

A lot of the times I see those moms with kids that are WAAAY too old to be in a stroller, too. No wonder kids are fat these days. Get them off their ass and make 'em walk. Oh. Right. That would inconvenience the parents who want to shop for 17 hours....nevermind. They might actually have to act like parents...silly me.

*Shakes cane and tells kids to get off her lawn*
              "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
              "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

What I hate most about these huge vehicles, besides the fact that the people who own them don't need them, is the fact that most of them are not capable of handling something that size. And for heaven's sake, hang up your cell phone, you self-important bimbo, before you slam into my fender! Also don't glare at me because I have the right of way and I dared turn out of this parking lot, delaying you an entire 10 seconds from your Wal-Mart shopping frenzy. I'm not the world's best person when it comes to parking my vehicle, especially now I have a quad cab pickup, but if I notice I've done a crappy job of putting it between the lines, you can bet your weight in gold I'm going to get back in and readjust until it fits in the space properly.

What also bugs me is when I see someone driving a quad cab dually down our dirt roads and refusing to go more than 15mph lest they hit a little bump in the road or stir up dust with the precious thing. It's a TRUCK. It was made for this kind of terrain, and by the looks of things you could pull a loaded 6-horse slant with it as well. My little Dakota takes all kinds of bumpy, dusty roads, and isn't any worse for wear. And we actually use it for hauling hay and such, and as soon as we can afford a trailer, it'll be hauling horses as well.
                A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I do not own a SUV. But I will be getting one, when I get back to working. I will be getting a Toyota Rav4. I drove one that one of my ex's had and it was perfect for me

Comment

Unless you are a farmer or a contractor, you don't need to drive a goddamn land-ark...
                    Well, "need" is a relative term. My dad has an F-250, diesel, long bed, crew cab. Big thing, though not a duelly. He's a doctor, and drives the thing less than a mile round-trip to work and back. In that sense, he doesn't need it. But he also has three antique tractors, and occasionally takes one of them somewhere (on a trailer, of course) with it, or gets lumber for a project, or helps a relative move, etc. He knows how to park the thing, though, and usually takes the car when going out of town unless either he actually needs the truck or Stepmom needs the car. Mom has an enormous purse, but then she has to carry around a dozen or more pill bottles in addition to the usual wallet and keys.

Actually, I don't see how the purse thing can be annoying to anyone. An oversized stroller or vehicle can get in other people's way, but a purse? And with the vehicles, well, I've seen Beetle-sized cars taking up *four* spaces; to me at least it's the behavior of the driver, rather than the vehicle itself, that's obnoxious. (noisy and/or smelly vehicles are another matter, of course, though that too comes back to the driver.)
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                      I drive a Hyundai Accent.
                      I walk
                      ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I'm completely immobile :: )

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          Actually, I don't see how the purse thing can be annoying to anyone. An oversized stroller or vehicle can get in other people's way, but a purse?
                          Have you ever had to pass someone in a narrow aisle and gotten bashed with a heavy purse the size of a Buick? That's the annoyance. A small purse tends to stay close to the body and not hit anyone else.
                          And with the vehicles, well, I've seen Beetle-sized cars taking up *four* spaces; to me at least it's the behavior of the driver, rather than the vehicle itself, that's obnoxious. (noisy and/or smelly vehicles are another matter, of course, though that too comes back to the driver.)
                          True; it's the driver, not the car. The most obnoxious drivers do tend to drive oversized land yachts, though. (And the second-most obnoxious drivers drive the stinky, badly-maintained smoke-belchers, like you pointed out.) The best drivers drive properly-maintained small- to medium-sized cars and pickups, obey traffic laws and are capable of parking so that they only take up one space and leave plenty of room for opening doors.
                          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

The sad thing is that there are some parking lots I have seen where you can be the best parker in the world and park exactly in the middle of your spot and you still won't have door opening room.
                            Jack Faire
                            Friend
                            Father
                            Smartass

Comment

Actually, I don't see how the purse thing can be annoying to anyone.
                              Ever use public transport? Some selfish people feel they need to take up an entire seat, meant for two people, with them and their massive bag. I'm done being polite; I have a bad back so if I see that someone's giant bag is taking up a seat, I will shove it aside and sit down.
                              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Well, "need" is a relative term. My dad has an F-250, diesel, long bed, crew cab. Big thing, though not a duelly. He's a doctor, and drives the thing less than a mile round-trip to work and back.
                                Also there are people like my mother, she's an accountant, drives 5 miles to work, city streets the whole way... you might wonder why she has a pick-up (not that large of one, just a Frontier). Glad you asked, when she bought it she worked for a turf company one day a week she had to drive out to the farm to do the payroll for the farm workers... 40 miles each way, 5 miles of which is unpaved... and while she was out there it wasn't uncommon for the company to "rent" her truck from her to drive equipment to and from the main office (the office was on the way to and from the farm so she'd often ferry stuff back and forth and they'd pay her gas... worked out for her). So for her, having a truck was needed... she keeps the truck because it's cheaper than replacing it.
                                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                                X