People who won't STFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I have a neighbor like that, but he's kind of "special". He's just the annoying type of person that you're better off just avoiding and not humoring because he'll never leave you alone after that.
    The anime "club" I'm a member of has a couple guys like that, but one in particular who decided to latch onto me for awhile. He showed up when I was at the game store one weekend...now I didn't mind company down there, but I couldn't really get my work done.

His prattle of choice seems to be voice-acting his favorite anime...maybe other cartoons as well, I can't tell anymore. Ironically, he's the first one to yell "QUIET" if someone else is talking during group (even if there's nothing being shown).
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Ugh. More Amy insanity this morning... She's been near-constant chatter since arriving at 8am. Today's crisis is how she now "can't stand" the friend that's been giving her rides to work every morning. Seems he got upset because she wouldn't go to a concert with him over the weekend. As if that wasn't enough, I got to hear how guys won't date her more than once or twice before disappearing... Well, maybe they'd stick around if you'd shut the fuck up?

Comment

My boyfriend is sorta bad about that....he loves to talk about unimportant crap while I'm trying to read, watch a movie, listen to music etc. I don't want to talk I just want to pay attention the stuff I"m reading/watching/listening to!

Oh and it's always fun when the kids come out and talk at the top of THEIR lungs while I'm trying to do these things

My mother was the exact same way when she was alive. *sigh*
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I have a coworker who talks all day about any and every topic. She doesn't even seem to care if anybody's listening. Last Friday, she was paying more attention to the conversation than the transaction she was processing, so her drawer was off over $600.00. (It turned out to be an error with the tickets she made, but that's beside the point.) She's angering all of us, her coworkers, with her constant blather and unsolicited advice. She complained to the Chairman of the Board (who happened to be in the bank on other business) that she works at the bank despite going to college "eight years on and off." Nobody wants to listen to her, and nobody trusts a word she says.
          "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

My youngest son's girlfriend is a talker. I've nick-named her "Jaws." Her parents agree with nick-name.
            I have a friend that is a machinist by trade and hobby. We're both amature gun plumbers. I do the vast majority of my work by hand he on the other hand uses mills and lathes. His discriptions of his work gets into the 10thousandths of an inch. I generally "yeah, really, uh-huh" him until his phone battery starts beeping at the hour mark.
            My Mom can get talky but if you're not responding she'll shut-up and say good-bye. I'll also admit I can get talky but those are few and far between.
            Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

There's a difference between talking too much and talking too much + being incompletely incapable of grasping the fact no one wants to listen. Its the latter category that drives me absolutely insane.

We use to have one other night shift worker on shift with us. She would not shut up. Ever. At all. Period. Even while you were on a call. Which is INSANELY aggravating. I'm trying to fucking WORK here, thank you. You should try it sometime.

Then she would get pissed off when we didn't listen. I eventually just tuned her out completely. After a couple months my other coworker couldn't take it all anymore and moved to another desk on the opposite side of the office. Stupidest part was if you ignored her, she would bitch to the other person ignoring her that you're ignoring her.

Eventually she shut up and replaced it with open frothing hostility towards us. A few weeks later she was fired for causing problems in the office and constantly going to management complaining that people wouldn't listen to her. Yes, she complained to management that people would not listen to her bullshit anymore. By complained I mean "Flipped the fuck out on our boss".

So yeah, she was canned. ;p

Comment

Working...
              X