Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overly restrictive rules and policies (kinda rambling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuz them's the rules and you'll find that once you leave school and go into gainful employment, that breaking the rules will get you a lot more than just detention. It's part of being a grown up.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
      As for the loo/drink thing, us cashiers are meant to keep a bottle of water on the checkouts for that sort of thing.
      Errrr.... you keep a bottle on hand for the 'loo thing'?

THAT'S an interesting workplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Cuz them's the rules and you'll find that once you leave school and go into gainful employment, that breaking the rules will get you a lot more than just detention. It's part of being a grown up.
        You mean like I've been for the last 5+ years? Yeah, we have rules, and I follow those too. However, we don't have collective punishment because of what some asshats do.

Comment

It's not a punishment. It's a means to ensure that people follow the rules. Just like dress codes, and uniforms. Or rules about taking breaks. Like I said, don't like it? Then quit and start your own business. If you can't do that, then put up and shut up.

Comment

It's not a punishment. It's a means to ensure that people follow the rules. Just like dress codes, and uniforms. Or rules about taking breaks. Like I said, don't like it? Then quit and start your own business. If you can't do that, then put up and shut up.
            Just coz the rules are in place doesn't mean we have to like them. The only arguement I'm hearing is "well the rules are everywhere, so we might as well get used to them". That doesn't change the fact that the rules SUCK.

Schools for instance have too many of those rules. And no, I AM NOT ADVOCATING ALL OUT ANARCHY. I am saying that with these EXCESSIVE dress codes (excessive being a key word), punishments for being a few seconds late, and teachers going apeshit because ZOMG SOMEONE HAS THEIR CELL PHONE, IT COULD CAUSE A DISTRACTION OH NOEZ!

With regards to all these school rules, teachers, administrators and all school officials need to CHILL

THE FUCK

OUT

They are only causing unnecessary stress and distracting from what kids are really in school for, an education.

Comment

Never said you did have to like them; I don't like them either. However, posting a topic means that people aren't going to agree with you.

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again. A student playing with a cell phone in class, or a cell phone ringing, distracts me and other students. Turn the damn thing off and put it away. Students arriving late also distracts me, because I usually hand out stuff at the beginning of class and take attendance*. A student comes in late, I have to stop what I'm doing, hand them whatever I'd already handed out, and get their name so I can jot down that they were in attendance, but late.

It's college. Don't like our totalitarian rule system, go elsewhere.

*Yes, it's college and Yes, I take attendance. Coming to discussion section and participating totals 25% of their grade. The professor, the other TA's, and I all think that it's very important to stress the importance of going to classes and somewhat paying attention.

Comment

When I was at college, the mobile phone revolution was still far in the future. XD However, I remember my English tutor confiscating all Tamagotchis during class due to the novel concept that we were all to be paying attention to him, rather than feeding/playing with/cleaning up after our virtual pets. XD

Yes, I had one. It was a craze while I was there, dammit! ^^;;

Comment

We've gone a little bit off topic with the school thing (no problem, just sayin'). Don't get me wrong, I hate some of the BS rules in schools and could rant all day about it. Cell phones are just one little issue, and I even believe that students should keep their cell phones off during class. I have had many times when some jackasses phone would go off during class and it would be SO annoying. My problems are the excessive rules just to prevent this distraction. School officals go nuts over these little things and act as if a cell phone is like gun. Banning cell phones on school grounds? Seriously get with the times people! There's also all these other things like dress codes, telling students what they can or can't eat, searching their cars for drugs, and all these other ways they heard students around like sheep. At least sheepdogs are sweet and gentle.

You don't have to make school such a miserable place with more rules than the FBI just to keep order. Jesus Christ! (of course a lot of the blame also goes to the students and their bullshit drama, but that's for another thread)

My main rant was being forced to rely on other people to do things that you could easily do yourself. It's even more frusturating when those people who HAVE to be in charge of something prove to be unreliable. I've already ranted about things like not allowing water bottles or permission to use the bathroom. This could even go into abusive spouses or parents who feel the need to control them 24/7 but won't take care of their basic needs (or course that's going extreme, but you get the idea).

The point I'm making is that if people feel they have to control everything or be the only one who is allowed to do something, than you either you get your shit together and be reliable, or fuck off and trust other people to handle it.

NOTE: I'm not angry that this thread went a little off topic, heck I don't even think it went off topic. We're still debating rules and stuff, but I just wanted to clarify what I was pissed off about that made me start this rant. So no, I'm not angry at any of you, not even those who disagree, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X