Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I hate that, too.

I also hate people who "flood" or "blow up" your phone, to use the lingo most people use. What that means is people who just keep calling and calling until you answer. I've combated that by just shutting my phone off, but that doesn't really help the situation.
    My Dad does that, save for the fact that he refuses to leave a message unless it's an emergency. He'll literally redial every 2-5 minutes until I answer or he realizes maybe I can't get to my phone at the moment and gives up.

I'd say that my cell phone is on silent 85% of the time, and I really only have the darn thing because I work and shop a good 15 miles from home. And really, if I'm out eating/shopping/watching a movie, I probably won't answer anyways. Oh, yes, and if I don't pick up after 11 dozen calls which you let ring 20 times each, do NOT take it upon yourself to phone 5 of my closest relatives and ask if they've seen or heard from me! Not answering the phone does not mean that I'm dead. ><;
    A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

My husband has a brother who is bipolar/schizophrenic.
      He lives in the next town, about 20 minutes away, but it's still long distance when he calls, because of the way the phone grids are set up.

He will call, and we get that long distance ring, but before we can even start for the phone, he hangs up.

Then, about 15 minutes later, he calls again. Same thing. Sometimes, he will let it ring a couple of times, and I have time to get to the phone, but when I pick up, he's already hung up.

Another 10-15 minutes will go by, the phone will ring again, same result.

I know he's calling to talk to my husband, and he should already know my husband is at work, so I don't bother calling back.
      (My husband works pretty much the same schedule every single week.)

This will go on for most of the day until I just happen to catch it while he's still on the line, or I get sick and tired of the phone ringing, and I will just call him back.

I think he does it so he won't have the long distance charge on his phone bill, but we will.

I don't really care about the charges being put on our bill, because I have a long distance plan.

It's just so damned annoying.

Yesterday, I was babysitting while my daughter was running some errands.
      The baby was a little fussy, and I was trying so hard to get her off to sleep. She would close her little eyes, and be almost into sleep, when that damn phone would ring and startle her, and she would start fussing again.

This happened about 4 times before I finally got her into a deep enough sleep that she didn't hear the phone.

We have voice mail. All he has to do is leave a message, but that would be as if we answered, and it would still go on his phone bill.

It's like a compulsion with him to just keep calling over and over.
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
      X