Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
    What's really sad is, that they did all this work to "fix" youtube, and no one's even attempted to fix the whole "false DMCA Take Down" mess.
    There are a couple of reasons why Youtube has stopped becoming the video sharing site of choice: Prudes and false DMCA notices.

I have a couple of model tribute fan vids that were pulled from my old account even though they contained no nudity. Said vids are now on Dailymotion, aka the french Youtube. I still have some vids on my new Youtube account but they're relatively tame.

As far as the false DMCA claims, most of them are done by Warner Music Group. I had the audio on some of my videos silenced because they claimed the song was theirs when it really wasn't. I disputed it and each time, I won.
    AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

Yeah, Dailymotion is full of win. I go there to watch music videos that, for some reason, are not viewable from the UK.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Yeah, Dailymotion is full of win. I go there to watch music videos that, for some reason, are not viewable from the UK.
        When a video is blocked in your country it means that Youtube doesn't have the licensing to play it there. Or something like that.
        AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

What I hate is if I am watching a fanvideo, like an AMV or computer gameplay, and some shit for brains has posted in the comments, "Wah wah *fandom/character* sucks". If you don't like the fandom or characters, then why the hell are you watching it? I don't mean constructive criticism; if someone can defend their viewpoint in a reasonable and mature manner, that's another thing entirely. But it's irritating to watch, say, Streets of Rage gameplay and read some mental midget's comment of "Streets of Rage sucks." -.-
          That annoys the crap out of me, too. There's a particular singer that I'm very into right now and a lot of his concerts are on YouTube (very cool that they seem to not have a problem with people recording him). However, most of the comments seem to quickly degenerate into how horrible a person (that they've never met) he is because of his sexual orientation and he wears eyeliner (don't get that one either). I'm sorry, but I like my glittery little gay boy. I've finally just quit reading any and all comments anywhere on there.

Like you said, if ya don't like it, don't watch it!
          We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

I find that kind of comment happening far too often on Marilyn Manson music videos. -.-

One of my annoyances in comments happened on a Sonic pairing video; the couple in question was Knuckles/Rouge. This stupid girl posted a load of crap which was basically "Shadow/Rouge is right and all of you are wrong!". I and a few other people owned her, and she fell back on, "You suck!"

There is nothing wrong in the slightest about having a different preference; however, if you choose to post about that different preference on a video that is about another, then either don't watch it, or if you feel you must, then make a mature and reasonable comment. I'd make other examples, but the Sonic fandom can have some very immature users in it, far more than any other fandom... cept, maybe, the Kiss fandom. XD

Comment

I find that kind of comment happening far too often on Marilyn Manson music videos. -.-
              Do they ever start quoting the Bible?

And the videos that I've been watching, you get about 5 comments down and someone has had the revelation and feels the need to share that....wait for it....he's gay! Like we all didn't already know. He "officially" came out some time ago, but, like Ricky Martin, it really wasn't a surprise.
              We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Oh yes, I have seen those bible quotes. -.- Even once, bizarrely, on a Simpsons video; the one where they show the evolution of Homer in the opening credits. Some nutjob felt that a Simpsons video was the best place to start spouting about how evolution is evil and creationism is what really happened. O_o It's the Simpsons; how does that immediately make the jump to that kind of commenting?

Comment

Actually, the false DMCA's that piss me off the most come from the evolution verses creation debate people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                    I'm sorry, but I like my glittery little gay boy.
                    Don't be sorry, lots of people like glittery little gay boys. :P
                    "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                    A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

And those who don't... shouldn't be watching the video!

The thing is; on the various gameplays, AMVs etc that I watch; I don't mind a little pisstaking or teasing in comments, but some people just come accross as being dickheads. If you have deliberately clicked on a tribute video to a certain video game character, or to an anime, or to a pairing, then it seems a bit stupid that you're watching it if you don't like it. We all have a back button.

Comment

More things that piss me off about youtube.

Those DMCA Nazis who get good videos canned. I saw it on the religious/political debate videos when I used to watch them and I see it now. The last straw for me are these hillarious Hitler downfall parody's (basically subtitles are changed so that it looks like he's ranting about every day things such as getting banned from X-box live). Now the executives of the movie are on a DMCA spree, hoping to get rid of these hillarious parody's. Hell, I was thinking of making a few of my own because they look pretty easy to make. Sadly, this sue happy society likes to take all the fun out of everything (but that's for another thread).

I also hate these assholes who post screencaps of movies, title their video "Batman Begins: Part 1 of 12" (and so on), but all their video contains is the screencap with a link on the sidebar to some website that probably has malware or spyware.

Comment

Pagan--I'm fairly certain that I know who you're talking about, and I too, am a fan of that certain "glittery little gay boy" (and his bassist but i digress). I've stopped reading the comments on the vids, for the exact reason you stated. I see things like "OMG he's so gay!" and go "And him being with men has what to do with his amazing ability to sing?" Seriously, people, get over it, or don't watch!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenDAnn View Post
                            Pagan--I'm fairly certain that I know who you're talking about, and I too, am a fan of that certain "glittery little gay boy" (and his bassist but i digress). I've stopped reading the comments on the vids, for the exact reason you stated. I see things like "OMG he's so gay!" and go "And him being with men has what to do with his amazing ability to sing?" Seriously, people, get over it, or don't watch!
                            Wait, there are GAY entertainers now?! When did that happen!?
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Another thing about youtube that annoys me; this irritating bug that means that you can't comment, and just get an error message when you try. -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X