No announcement yet.

Pill Poppers (Adderall)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It tends to be a chronic problem in arts programs, where students are in classes all day, performing or rehearsing all night, and then they have to make time for homework, jobs, family, social life, etc. Even in just plain academia, people use it to pull all-nighters to write that paper or finish that research project....it's sad really.

Comment

There is a way to test for ADD and ADHD, just not chemically. I don't remember which kind of scan it is, but you can scan the brain and map its activity. An ADD or ADHD brain will be lit up differently than a typical one.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        I have to ask, if it isn't too personal and you guys don't mind, if any of you who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and are on Adderall or a similar drug, are you offended or upset with things like GreenDay and I have been describing? Aka, idiots claiming to have such a "hard life" and "needing" Adderall just to get to work/school and get through the day, people who are prescribed the drug who sell/give it to idiot friends for said reasons.
        Personally I have avoided taking any of the meds for a long time because I didn't like the way I felt on the meds. It didn't feel like treatment it felt like being hogtied.

I like the way my mind works and I just learned techniques to work with it instead of fighting it. The people taking drugs who dont' need it don't offend me it's the whining that offends me.

It's the apologizing to someone when I jump three different topics in as many minutes that my brain is making fast connections to seemingly unrelated topics cuz that is the way it works onlly to have them say, "Oh yeah I have ADD too"

Hmm yet you have none of the problems I have.

Those are the people that offend me. I understand some of these people were misdiagnosed as children but they are old enough to realize that when you have none of the symptoms that you don't have the disease, disorder, curse, gift however you see it.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

My cousin told me when she was little that her mom made her take ADD/ADHD meds because she talked too much, and her mom didn't feel like dealing with it. So she'd just give the kid her drugs which turned her into a zombie and then plop her in front of the tv for hours on end. Nice parenting!

Comment

I know so many people from college that took Adderall, i find it funny I pulled all nighters all the time and did projects last minute and never found the need to take it and still pulled off a 3.94. Now, I had a fraternity brother who well he was a douche but I respected him because he had values and stood behind things. That was until I was hanging out with another brother and douche walks in and goes, "I got to be up all night doing a paper, wish I had something to keep me going". other guy "How about Adderall?". douche " HELL YEAH, thanks <nickname>."

At that point I lost any respect for the douche, the other guy well I kind of expected it from him so I wasn't really shocked. But as far as the mighty douche it was sort of nice to see him fall because I did some stupid shit in my past that he wanted to judge me when at that time i was a different person and he didn't even know me.

Comment

Working...
            X