No announcement yet.

Losing weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah not being able to have caffeine means I can't have a lot of pops. Which is a good thing, because I used to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper. Though I still like ginger ale every so often. I just wish the weight would come off like it did the first time I quit drinking pop, I lost like 10lbs.

Comment

I wish I lost ANY weight from quitting drinking soda.

Granted, I wasn't drinking liters of it per day, but I had one at home and one or two at work every night for the longest time, and I quit....only drink it on the weekends now....and I haven't lost any weight.

In fact since quitting soda, drinking more water than what's even necessary and joining a gym and doing more cardio than ever before and eating more healthy than since I lived at home....I have put on nearly 15 pounds.

I want to slap myself.

Comment

It's a common mistake a lot of people make, even myself, but when losing weight don't go by what the scales tell you.

I've always been slightly overweight, at my heaviest I was nearly 30kg over (66lB). When I first started exercising I didn't actually lose weight for nearly 4 months. That's because it was immediately turned into muscle.

Get your measurements done. That way you can judge how well you're doing by how many centimetres or inches you're losing on your hip, arms, and legs. And make someone else measures you, coz people tend to believe other people when they point out how much they've lost.

I'm never going to be a skinny minny like my sister because I'm just too sturdily built. But I can be a more toned version of myself.

On that note, I'm still banned from the gym for another week. Stupid useless knee, stop dislocating!!!!
        "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
        Josh Thomas

Comment

Working...
        X