No announcement yet.

Attention Seekers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I get what you're saying; and I agree with you.

On the previously mentioned forum, back when I was a member on it rather than forum staff and there were hardly any active forum staff, this girl made a thread in General Discussion entitled "I'm going to commit suicide!" -.- She got royally flamed and told off, and she soon backed down. This isn't the same girl as I talked about in my last post; this one, let's call her Kelly, was a compulsive liar. As well as the faked suicidal intention, she also pretended that she'd lost her virginity at age eleven and had a baby girl/boy; she couldn't even keep her story straight. She eventually got run off the forum; that was what it was like back then, total anarchy.

And let's not forget this person I mentioned here before; the girl who faked her own death on another forum and registered another account, pretending to be her husband, to announce it. -.- Ugh.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Oh yeah. That poster. I know. I tried to help that one, but yeah. I quickly realize that it couldn't possibly be true. Plus I had other prior experence with some of other kinds of lies said poster did to me to gain I have no idea what. I try to help out when I can but >< Jebus. Don't lie. It just proves that humanity in general just cannot care.

.... God. I can't belive I care for others as much as I hate others. So conflicting feelings.
      Last edited by Ree; 04-28-2010, 02:23 AM.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Attention Whores are usually one of two types. Seriously insecure or spoiled rotten.

The insecure type do what they can for the attention that they think they're not getting. In some cases, they're not getting it. They're ignored by their family members and friends, if they have them, and act out in desperate attempts for that attention they long for.

The spoiled brats are the type that are always used to being the center of attention and when it stats to fade away, they act out however they can to get it back.

There are exceptions to this. Some simply wan more attention than others out of jealousy, which I guess could be related to insecurity, but it's usually directed at a certain person rather than a group or all people.

I have a student that is practically a combination of the two. She acts like a baby if she doesn't get her way or get praise on a constant basis. If I don't let her be the one to demonstrate a technique, she thinks I'm pissed off at her at acts like a baby. If I don't praise everything she does, even if she does it incorrectly, she gets all defensive and acts like a baby. She's either going to learn humility or she's going to quit being my student. I'm just seriously surprised that she hasn't quit yet. BTW, she's 22 years old. She isn't a baby anymore.

I've got another student who if I haven't mentioned him here, I've done so on CS, is completely neglected by his family. He acts out for attention all the time. With him though, I don't need to make him the center of it all, I just need to make him feel included. Once I do that, he's perfect. It's all very sad though.

CH
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          If you are speaking about the incident that I'm thinking of, Ree......oy......
          It wasn't necessarily that particular incident, blas.

Believe it or not, I've come across it before.

It's a common occurrence on the internet.

The attention seeking also takes the form of trolling behaviour, or constant negative behaviour that often totally derails a thread.
          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

My ex had a friend like that. She was constantly making up outlandish stories. Her most common one was that she'd find out she was pregnant, and then subsequently miscarry. She was also a major slut, so I'm surprised she never did actually get pregnant.

One of these phony pregnancies ended up being tubal (I think that's the word for it), and she claimed she had gone and gotten operated on earlier that day, while at the same time inviting us to a party. Now, I have a friend who really did go thru that (and for that reason, that particular lie pissed me off), and believe me, she was in no condition, emotionally or physically, to go to a party.

Another time, she claimed she had cancer, but a local church had faith-healed her.

Then there was a cocaine addiction she had supposedly kicked. We're pretty sure she never even saw any in real life.

She also claimed she had an uncle who was in the mafia. I don't know where she even came up with that one, except maybe for the fact that she was of italian descent.

And of course, the one about her supposedly being a stripper. Oh wait, that one was real, as I found out after I walked into the place she was working. My poor eyes...
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I hate people who make up stories for attention

One forum I use to go to had a guy fake a drug overdose. The guy was known for doing drugs and then one day his "brother" made a topic claiming the guy had overdosed and he had found the forum in an opened window on the computer. It actually evolved into a pretty big thing. Years later the guy made a topic about his mother dying which nobody belived and there was a ton of flaming back and fourth and suspensions/bans.

Another person on the same place made up an elaborate story about being married and having kids only for people to find out later he was 14.

Some people are just crazy.

Comment

Yup, some people are just crazy. I really wonder if people like this have a hard time distinguishing reality from the fantasy in their heads.

Life has turned me into a cold hearted bitch.

I am in the service industry (25+ years) and have heard every poor me story out there. I trust my bs meter.

Comment

Working...
                X