Online Job Applications (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jedimaster91 View Post

Resume on memory stick + copy/paste = WIN!

Sometimes I have to mess with the formatting a bit, but at least I don't have to retype the thing.

Oh no, no, if just it was just THAT easy over here.

You have to fill out the text fields for EVERY job position you've ever had - one field for what kind of position, one field for how long you were employed, one field for which tasks you had, etc.

Once you had typed all details for ONE job position, you'd upload it - and then start all over again for ANOTHER job position you'd had.

Trust me, it's so crazy that it actually IS easier to type it all up from scratch instead of copy/paste. As earlier said, I prefer the application sites who just ask you to upload resume and cover letter.
    Last edited by NorthernZel; 06-01-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster91 View Post
      I think that cost me a job once. In the interview, they asked me what I would do if things were slammed and we were short staffed. I said I'd do the best that I could and try not to stress over things out of my control. Apparently that's not what they wanted to hear.
      When in doubt, I have learned that interviewers LOVE when you tell them you'd call a manager.

Comment

Working...
      X