but dude, you have a boyfriend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but dude, you have a boyfriend...

You have no idea how much I despise hearing that sentence.
    It seems like there is hardly any comment I can make about a guy other than my boyfriend without hearing that sentence.
    things like
    "Wow, he was really cute" or "Zachary Quinto is way hotter than Chris Pine" (I know, dangerous territory there). I'm even guilty of doing the "MMM, I hope he walks past again".
    Now in none of these statements have I indicated that I even have any intention of doing anything other than watching and "enjoying the view". My boyfriend knows that I do this, I know he does it, hell, we'll do it together. Yet everytime I mention something like that all my friends feel the need to remind me that I'm already in a relationship. Seriously people, everyone looks... just not everyone is as open about it. So please, for the love of Deity, I know where my commitment is, now let us get back to enjoying the view
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

I've always assumed gay relationships would be easier than straight ones in that respect.

"Wow, that guy is really cute."

".....Yeah. He is."

Whereas if I were to say the same thing to my husband about another man, the best I could hope for would be a blank stare.

Comment

See next time someone says that do this, look completely shocked gasp and say, "Oh my god I do?!?!!? That guy was so hot I totally forgot!"
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        See next time someone says that do this, look completely shocked gasp and say, "Oh my god I do?!?!!? That guy was so hot I totally forgot!"
        i think I will actually do that now
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
          Whereas if I were to say the same thing to my husband about another man, the best I could hope for would be a blank stare.
          I usually just respond with "He's not my type." when girl friends say that kind of thing.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I hate that too. So what if I am in a relationship. I can look. There are a few guys that my SO (who is a heterosexual btw) will actually say "Yeah. He is good looking." We actually have a list of guys (mainly celebrities) that I could sleep with if they offered a million dollars lol. If he points out a girl, I will look with him.

As I say "There is nothing wrong with pointing out another person's attractiveness."
            "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

I have a problem with guys doing that. Thankfully, my bf doesn't, but he has a lot of single friends or piggish taken friends who, if we are at a bar or somewhere similar, will point out a group of girls and say "Dontcha wish you were single again, hyuck hyuck!"

Oh trust me, one day, every one of his friends who has said that will either be missing a tooth or showing off a nice shiner for a few days, courtesy of me.

I'm not 100 lbs and bleach blonde with a tiny little body, but I'm nowhere near ugly or disgusting, and I think I'm attractive enough where it doesn't warrant wandering eyes and drooling. But then again, it really isn't his fault his friends are pigs. I just wish he'd stand up and say "Nope, my girl is plenty hot for me, thanks" instead of the nervous "hehe" smile he gives him.

I can honestly say I don't go around oogling other guys, so I don't think it's fair at all. There is a huge shortage of good looking guys around here anyway. Too hard to find a young guy that doesn't look pregnant with a beer belly or isn't missing half of their hair before age 25. Meanwhile, there are plenty of anorexic little bleach blonde twigs everywhere.

Comment

My lady and I - and some of our friends - came up with a good way to answer that.
                "Just because I've ordered, doesn't mean I can't look at the menu."

Comment

I hate hanging out with my one bi sexual friend she will hit me for making comments, but then admits to having been thinking the same thing I was when I look at a girl.

The thing I think you should not do is what this one girl I know did last night, disappear into the bathroom with a random guy and try and screw him while her bf is busy playing beer pong. That is a "Dude but you have a BF" moment that actually deserves the statement.

Comment

I am glad that in my relationship. We both can look and the other is not upset. We can touch, but if it is ina normal way. Plus, we also have a list of the other can sleep with .

Comment

*snicker* Early into my marriage I caught my hubby looking at nakkie girl pics. He almost died when I said I dont know I think the red head had better tits.. He started stammering I think some sort of omgdontkillmeiloveyouisorry But I told him my motto... he is married not dead... and like anything you can look but dont touch..

Shoot I love to watch people I find the human body to be a thing of wonder...

Comment

Nice! Is it like celebrities and "never gonna happen" type names, or is it like people you actually know and act on?

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                          I have a problem with guys doing that. Thankfully, my bf doesn't, but he has a lot of single friends or piggish taken friends who, if we are at a bar or somewhere similar, will point out a group of girls and say "Dontcha wish you were single again, hyuck hyuck!"

Oh trust me, one day, every one of his friends who has said that will either be missing a tooth or showing off a nice shiner for a few days, courtesy of me.

I'm not 100 lbs and bleach blonde with a tiny little body, but I'm nowhere near ugly or disgusting, and I think I'm attractive enough where it doesn't warrant wandering eyes and drooling. But then again, it really isn't his fault his friends are pigs. I just wish he'd stand up and say "Nope, my girl is plenty hot for me, thanks" instead of the nervous "hehe" smile he gives him.

I can honestly say I don't go around oogling other guys, so I don't think it's fair at all. There is a huge shortage of good looking guys around here anyway. Too hard to find a young guy that doesn't look pregnant with a beer belly or isn't missing half of their hair before age 25. Meanwhile, there are plenty of anorexic little bleach blonde twigs everywhere.

Do you go to stand up comedy shows and wonder why everybody is laughing? Its called a joke. Its not a personal attack on you.

Comment

I don't think that joke is funny at all. It's just that his friends are sad pathetic assholes who aren't happy with their own lives and want him to be miserable with them.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be single again so they could take home the drunken cheap skanks lifting up their skirts for the whole bar to see? Gee, I bet your groin will be burning tomorrow.

Comment

Men naturally want to be with as many women as they can. Its their natural instict. The joke is basically saying that his committment to you is so strong he cannot cheat and is going against what nature has intended for him. It is no way an insult or attack like you seem to have taken it, not to mention the amount of time any of them has probably ever spent thinking about the joke is less then the amount of time it took you to type about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X