company loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
    What about companies that expect your full availability, but only give you part-time hours? They punish, fire, or refuse to hire you if you have another job, but won't let you make enough money at their place to give up the other job!
    And this would be pretty much the main reason I lost my job at Macy's - corporate offices changed the availability policy to where part-timers almost "had" to have open availability, and they definitely weren't paying enough that one could afford to have that be your only job.

It's also a bit sucky in that regards with the library job......mainly because city policy states that if you work for a city department, that job needs to be considered your primary one. And if your hours/duties at a second job interfere with your city job, you can be asked to leave that second job.

Comment

I was just talking about this the other day with someone. For those of you who haven't seen my posts over on CS, I'm getting royally screwed over by <hospital>. Which is really sad, because I love my job. But having my hours reduced to pretty much nothing due to a variety of factors is just not cutting it. I have bills to pay and as soon as I can find something else, I'm very tempted to bail. It's not just the money either. I can't give my patients the best possible care if I'm constantly having to retrain myself.

I ran into a family friend yesterday who works for the Red Cross and talked to him about getting a job there. What I really hope is I can juggle both jobs because I need to keep my Nucs certification current. But I fear that may be unlikely.

Comment

Working...
      X