No announcement yet.

people who "have" to set off firecrackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll never understand why anyone would spend all that money on the cheap stuff when, in most places, there's a big local show that you can go watch for free. We've never had issues with the really big illegal ones here, but I do wish people would cut off their fun after a certain hour.

And yes, while this is a rural area and the noise might not be too bad for people in the house . . . lots of folks here own horses and other livestock that will go apeshit and run through fences and barns when they hear those noises. Hunting down your own animal through a dark neighborhood = no fun. Neither is mending up the scrapes and cuts they sustained the following morning, either.
    A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I think anyone who wants to set off fireworks should have to get a permit. Something cheap, say 10 or 15 bucks, but that specifically states when and where they can set them off. Part of the approval process would be getting permission from other residents of the area.

Any fireworks set off without a permit, or outside of the bounds set by the permit, would be a criminal offense, on par with unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits.

Comment

The fireworks that are a problem are usually illegal to set off in residential areas anyways. People won't buy a permit to do something that is already illegal

Comment

Infinite, that is how the law is(at least, here where I live), yet people still disobey it.

Comment

Where I live, the ban is partially to keep down brush fires... and other kinds of fires. Two years ago, some guys were setting off bottle rockets in the street. About an hour later, one had fallen and landed in the woodpile of a nearby house, which went up in a massive blaze. Far as I know, no one ever figured out who, exactly, had been shooting them in the first place, just "someone in the neighborhood".

Every year, I go to a show put on by some friends in their neighborhood, in an unincorporated area way away from the cities. One of their guests is an importer and distributor with a firing license, and he brings a truckload of stuff. This year, the goal was to fire off 250 rounds of 2" mortar shells, not counting the masses of cakes, fountains etc., and we've had shells as large as 4" and four-foot rolls of firecrackers before. Kid stuff, flash-bangs and small stuff are fired for most of the evening, with lots of adults supervising, and after ten the other people all go back to their driveways, ground rules are explained for lighting, and the big stuff begins, lit by volunteers. Anything that falls into yards is checked, and every used cake or fountain is kicked into a pile and doused with water. And everything is finished by midnight; no booms or pops are allowed after that by the hosts, even though people on other nearby cul-de-sacs sometimes fire for the next few hours. And no M-80s, cherry bombs etc. allowed, though, again, we'll hear their thunderous booms coming from nearby areas.

Comment

It was either last Wednesday or Thursday night, we were all sitting outside on break and we heard a huge BOOOM. We wondered if there was gun fire in the distance but I saw some sparkles and flickering lights after the noise. It's fucking September and someone still has fireworks, and was setting them off at 3 fucking am.

I heard them again tonight. I had a hard time sleeping today because I have something terribly wrong with my right eye, so I've been up and down and up and down and getting tissues and drying my eyes and applying drops, and I couldn't see the people or make out who they were, but right before my shift would have started around 11:00, I heard some whizzle type fireworks and looked out the window and saw bright colors.

Effing idiots.

Comment

We in the UK have bonfire night on the 5th of November, so during late september/early october, till long into november we have fireworks going off at random intervals

And the cambridge folk festival has a notice in the program about not setting off fireworks at night, especially sunday night after the last act, as it is in a residential area. fireworks do get set off, but never in the camping grounds itself, so if a local knows fireworks could revoke next years licence and doesn't want the event, they will be in their back garden with enough to blow up their own house setting em off for hours.

Comment

Friday night people were setting off fireworks past midnight. I guess losing to Southern Miss was a cause for celebration?? WTF is all I have to say.

Comment

Here we go again.

As I've said before, I'm a night owl, even when I'm off work, so it's not like I have to be up early or anything like that. However, I do have neighbors that have to be up early for work or just like to be up early, neighbors with kids....seriously, unless it's the 4th of July itself, DON'T be lighting up fireworks just because it's night time.

Fireworks have to be one of the most annoying things.

Comment

Oh, people have been setting off firecrackers all day, and I've heard a few bottle rockets and other things like that. All of which are ILLEGAL in the city limits. The only 'fireworks' you can have in the city are things like sparklers, those things you throw on the ground that pop, etc. I'm always afraid that some drunk asshole is going to cause a big fire or something like that. *sigh* At least we have good renter's insurance now...

Comment

I like fireworks, but not so close to home and not being set off by idiots like my braindead neighbors. I like them in an appropriate setting where they can be enjoyed safely and be set off by someone qualified to handle fireworks properly.

The noise is ALMOST as annoying as loud car stereos blasting through the neighborhood. Plus, my dog is a spastic mess in general, and the noise of fireworks makes him much worse. He barks and whines at every little noise. It's hard to get him to go out to potty, and he normally charges like a bull in a china shop for the door when it's time to go out.

Comment

I'm really hoping no one sets off fireworks. I'm skipping all fireworks this year. I've heard enough explosions in the past six months, thank you very much.
                          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Fireworks have been going off in my apartment complex off and on for the last six weeks. And it appears that several individuals have mad trips over into Nevada to pick up large supplies of fireworks that are all massively illegal in the state of California.

Specifically, they're have been mortars going off pretty much every night for the last three weeks, and every few nights for the three weeks prior. Somebody could be gunned down in the alley, and I'm not sure anyone would actually notice until they tripped over the body.

Considering that just last year someone was gunned down and it sounded precisely like the fireworks that had been going off (and this was a week into August) and we couldn't tell until the screaming started. >_<

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's more or less just annoying, to listen to "pop" "pop" "pooooof!" "sccchcmmmmmwaaaahhh" "POOOOOOOOF!" "POP"until the wee hours of the morning. My A/C is pretty loud, but I could hear them going off somewhere in the neighborhood every time I went outside last night, and after I shut the A/C off.

I don't see any valid reason to spend a ton of money to annoy people that live in an area of several square miles of apartments/duplexes/condos/townhouses. I mean, it'd be one thing if they were a few miles out of town, like where my ex lives, or where a bunch of neighbors on the edge of town all get together and have a show.

I can't wait until.....god, weeks frm now, when people are done with this nonsense. And with the exception of a little storm we had Friday night, we haven't had much rain in a week, and it's not even a possibility again until Tuesday, if it even does rain again.

Comment

People have been blowing up something illegal in the neighborhood...I can hear a big loud BOOM going off every night for about a week now. I love fireworks but I really hate it when people insist on doing the illegal shit where they aren't supposed to. Does anyone have a clue what a fire hazard is? I don't want my place to burn down thanks.
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X