No announcement yet.

Wedding BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still stand by my other post in that I'd rather pass on the wedding but take up the reception
    "Want to come to the wedding?"
    nah I'll pass.
    "Want to come to the party?"
    K.

perhaps it's cos I don't give a hoot about the whole you have to be married to truely show you love someone bit as you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
      I still stand by my other post in that I'd rather pass on the wedding but take up the reception
      "Want to come to the wedding?"
      nah I'll pass.
      "Want to come to the party?"
      K.
      I would have had no problem if people only wanted to come to either just the ceremony or just the reception. But they still would have been invited to both

Comment

I'm not sure why inviting people to the reception only would be considered rude, as long as you feed each guest the same meal, and offer them the same niceties as everyone else.

My husband and I got married in a very tiny church, so we considered limiting the number of people at the ceremony.

We ended up with one guest list only, and it worked out fine, since many people (especially those from out of town) went to just the dinner and reception and skipped the ceremony.

I didn't consider that to be rude of them, either.

Comment

Perhaps it's because no one I know socially has or is getting married, so I can only go by the base line of weddings, or in my case soley receptions, I've been to.
          #1 Brother's best friend, can't recall how well I knew him at the time, I'll just go with 'brothers best friend and we used to get pissed in the same pub'
          #2 my supervisor, really, would you want to be at your bosses wedding?*
          #3+ people at work that I didn't know very well at the time got married, hell I think I would be uncomfortable at the reception let alone the wedding.

Friends and family? nothing on the horizon save for the couple upstairs whom I kinda get on OK with, but I doubt I would get an invite to the wedding, the reception yes assuming nothing happens between now and whenever.

* If your boss was SuperBossTM or kinda cool and a small business owner and was closing shop for the weekend so you werent working anyway, I would skip the wedding unless I was marrying said boss :P
          but making an arse of myself and getting fired not withstanding, reception YAY

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            I was talking about this with one friend, and he said, "Why don't you guys just do a destination wedding?" *sigh* I WANT my family to be there. <snip> but I really want my family and friends to witness the actual wedding ceremony. It's their celebration too. Besides, my mother won't get on a plane
            some chapels in Las Vegas offer live webcasts of weddings there, and it replays several times for those that couldn't make the actual wedding. Just something to think about......I got married in Vegas.....
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I appreciate that suggestion, BK, but I really want them all to physically be there. With the current family "situation" that's going to be hard enough without adding in travel. Besides, Vegas has never really interested me.

Comment

The only legitimate reason I could think of would be a destination wedding, a concept that I really don't understand, but okay. I don't want my family coming with me on my honeymoon, kthxbai.
                There are legitimate reasons for a "destination wedding." For instance, if you are not allowed to marry where you live, you might well have a wedding somewhere you *are* allowed, with perhaps immediate family, and then have the party once you're back home.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                X