senseless death and assholes who hit and run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    Hate to say it but if the kid had lived-he'd probably be on the receiving end of a ticket, and possibly being sued for any damage to the car-if he was hit from behind it means he wasn't walking against traffic-the laws that all states have stating pedestrians walk in the roadway against traffic are for this very reason.

If it was dark and the kid was wearing no light-colored or reflective clothing-they very well may have thought they hit a deer-or some other animal, after all pedestrians are not supposed to be walking with their back to traffic, meaning you hit something on the side of the road you assume it's not a person as a person is not supposed to be there-they should by law be on the other side of the road.

I'm not heartless-but the driver wasn't the only one that did something wrong-more wrong does not absolve the deceased's -sorry no other way to put it-stupidity.
    Even if it is a deer, you are supposed to stop and file a police report.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post

I've hit birds and not realized it - found the carcasses of small birds stuck in the grille of the Peterbilt of Natural Selection. The impact point was well below my line of sight, and the roar of a large diesel can cover a lot.
      And I absolutely believe you. I've seen an eighteen wheeler run over the front end of a Honda Civic and not realize it.

However, we are talking about a vehicle considerably smaller than a big rig and a victim considerably larger than a bird. If someone hits a normal sized human with a normal sized car and doesn't realize it, then that someone is drunk or high or both.

Comment

I've been thinking about this a lot.

It makes me mad that people defend this woman, that they try to put the blame on the kid that got killed. That they try to rationally explain why anyone could leave a kid dying in the ditch and still not be a horrible person.

And I realized something. I'm doing it, too.

People want to think if they play by the rules, if they don't screw up or do something stupid, a senseless tragedy won't befall them. That's why people blame the victim. If they just walk on the correct side of the road they won't get hit. If they don't dress a certain way, they won't get raped, if they just keep their eyes riveted on their kid every single minute of every single day their kid won't drown in a pool or eat poison.

We don't want to think that if random, horrible, awful, senseless shit can happen to anyone, regardless of how careful they are. Because that's just too fucking terrifying. That makes us want to cower in a closet and not come out.

I'm not blaming anyone here for that. As I've said, I'm doing it, too. I'm trying to make sense of all by saying (and I paraphrase) "that woman is a subhuman animal" and "she must have been drunk or high or texting" or "there's something fundamentally wrong with her."

Because you know what? If she's not guilty of any of that, none of which I would ever do or be guilty of, it means I could fuck up on that scale for no apparent reason, too.

Granted, I still maintain I'd never leave the scene if that were me, God forbid. But I need to remember I could pretty easily not only get hit by a car and killed (or a million other really stupid, pointless ways to get killed) or I could myself be distracted and kill someone.

She did cross the line when she left the scene. That's the point at which my sympathy ends. However, my conviction (in my mind, at least) that she was somehow unfit to be driving is no different than anyone else's that the boy was to blame for being int he wrong place at the wrong time.

World's a scary place. Horrible stuff happens here sometimes.

Comment

Thing is I don't know the full story. It probably was a senseless accident, cause she swerved into the side of the road just that much too much and that's how he got hit. Because there won't be a trial we'll never know the full details.

If only she hadn't left....if only.

I still just feel so bad for his parents losing their child, and for his poor sister who had to watch the whole thing happen. She's never going to be the same...if I were in her shoes I'd be hugging a wall in a corner drooling, gone completely insane. I would not be able to function or go out in public again....i'd be too petrified.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Well.....good to see that our justice system is in tip top shape.....

This bitch only get 90 days and 5 years probation

She fucking kills this kid, leaves, and then only gets to be in jail 90 days, if that, and only loses her license for 5 years? are you fucking kidding me? Why is she not rotting in jail for the rest her life??? I don't get it.

I"m so pissed off at this......

Comment

Something brought up is that she may have gone home to sober up. I wonder if she was drug tested? Hit and runs are scum of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
                Something brought up is that she may have gone home to sober up. I wonder if she was drug tested? Hit and runs are scum of the earth.
                That may be true but still....she fucked up everything when she left. I don't know if she was ever drug tested...I imagine that would be pretty standard though. I don't even know if alcohol was a factor in this....I do know that some of the roads around here are dangerous for pedestrians because of no sidewalks....and you take your life in your hands just to walk somewhere. The stretch of road I"m on has sidewalks in bits, and not in others. Supposedly they are going to start building some, mostly because of this incident. It's too bad someone has to die before they wake up and say "gee I suppose we should make it a little safer for the people that walk around here" instead of catering to just the drivers.

Comment

Working...
                X