No announcement yet.

Guys who don't put the toilet seat down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always close the lid afterwards, just because I have cats. I read an article years ago where someone's cat jumped into the open toilet while the owner was away, couldn't get out, and drowned.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

In my house we have a bathroom upstairs and a small one downstairs. The rule is upstairs seat down, downstairs it is a free for all.

The reason I ask the guys to put the seat down upstairs is that all my medications cause major drowsiness to the point if I wake up in the middle of the night I fall in if the seat is up. I am not all there when I am in that state and I am doing good just to find the bathroom. Sometimes they forget and that is ok cause I forget stuff too.

I try to leave the seat in the state I found it when visiting and if I have people stay over I tell them that the upstairs bathroom it is required that the seat is put down and no lid please and thank you.
      Last edited by Kimmik; 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
        I always close the lid afterwards, just because I have cats. I read an article years ago where someone's cat jumped into the open toilet while the owner was away, couldn't get out, and drowned.
        That's scary. We have 3 cats too, so now I'm extra glad we both normally put the lid down. We actually normally close the bathroom doors when we're done, too, because otherwise the kitten gets into anything and everything he can, like the trash cans and toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
          I don't even understand other guys who put the toilet seat *up*. Can't aim?

Before someone brings it up I never put up my toilet seat and I do not have urine all over it.
          Sometimes urine doesn't come out in a straight stream. Sometimes it just does spray. If it's just a straight stream, I could probably nail a cheerio from across the room but it's not like i can control it.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

My SO leaves the set and lid up, just because he knows it annoys me. I think he’s waiting for the day when I unbolt the thing and wake him up with it. He also will put the set down at work . . . when he doesn’t even have any co works at his office for ½ the day. I’ve try using a rule of putting everything down so that when we have guests you can choose your level so to speak. The guests get it, he dosn't.

Comment

i learned to deal with it. granted it IS an annoyance but someone once told me. "you're a lady, put the seat down" IE is it that much of an effort to just put the seat down. Lately sometimes because I lost some muscle control after having had a kid and cannot always take those two seconds to put the seat down.

But I also live with two men who have been used to living the bachelor life so I let them know hey, please put the seat down or just leave it down and wipe it off please. Sorry if its TMI but it works for us. Still it is an annoyance on occasion. (however for me its not worth arguing over with hugs or FIL its easier to handle it myself)
              Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
              Yeah we're so over, over
              Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

IN my house the seat and lid are down on all bathrooms at all times, it gets flushed after every use (to not do that is disgusting) and the bathroom doors are OPEN if no one is in there...otherwise how can you tell if it's available or not?

Those are the rules and there is no negotiation.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Even before I got married and was living alone I kept the seat down.

There is no worse sensation than waking up in the middle of the night, bleary eyed and still half asleep, to go and take a crap.

Only to wind up getting jolted to full wakefulness when your bum touches cold water.

So I kept the seat down just as general principle.
                  “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmik View Post
                    The reason I ask the guys to put the seat down upstairs is that all my medications cause major drowsiness to the point if I wake up in the middle of the night I fall in if the seat is up. I am not all there when I am in that state and I am doing good just to find the bathroom. Sometimes they forget and that is ok cause I forget stuff too.
                    Yeow. Now that's a legitimate reason. I would definitely make a habit of leaving the seat down for you for that.

For the people who seem to turn this into some sort of battle of wills, I don't even see why this is such a big deal. If you want the seat down, put it down. If you want it up, put it up. I'm not going to go out of my way to make sure the seat is always down for you, because I don't expect grown adults to walk into the bathroom backwards with their eyes glued to the ceiling. Plus, as I'm on a diuretic, I would have to be playing toilet seat gymnastics. My seat stays...well, in the same position as it is the last time I use the bathroom.

Comment

We have cats, the lid stays down when not in use. We still managed to have one of the cats fall in once...he jumped up, apparently the seat itself was on the verge of breaking, seat went skidding, *splash*.

Poor Murloc was really hurt that we wouldn't let him on the bed for a couple days...
                      Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                      Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

In our flat both the seat and cover goes down - I don't want a fine mist of fecal matter in the bathroom ta, especially on my toothbrush!
                        The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Working...
                        X