No announcement yet.

Football season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won a big football game today. I'm scared. Glad me and the fiance are hiding out in the apartment tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
      The one main thing I dislike about football is when Fox hypes the hell out of a new episode of a show, only to have the Sunday NFL game overflow and preempt it. Hey, Fox, you have FX that you can throw the shows on...or a whole network called FoxSportsNet you can air the games on. Or, even, nowadays, make your affiliates have a .2 that is for those situations.
      Yeah, I hate it when my Sunday night cartoons (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc) get screwed with because of a ball game. What are all those sports channels for again?

I remember one year they didn't show the Simpsons Halloween episode until January.
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
        *cough*nhl*cough*:d
        Come here, you'd never hear a peep. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          Yeah, I hate it when my Sunday night cartoons (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc) get screwed with because of a ball game. What are all those sports channels for again?
          Like I said before, Fox has FSN-whatever and FX. Either move the game to FSN-whatever or the shows to FX. win-win.

I remember one year they didn't show the Simpsons Halloween episode until January.
          Wasn't that recently?

Comment

The one main thing I dislike about football is when Fox hypes the hell out of a new episode of a show, only to have the Sunday NFL game overflow and preempt it. Hey, Fox, you have FX that you can throw the shows on...or a whole network called FoxSportsNet you can air the games on. Or, even, nowadays, make your affiliates have a .2 that is for those situations.
            I lament the many, many times I've tuned into Fox expecting a new episode (or hell, even a repeat) of House and it's a game *sobs*
            A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
              Come here, you'd never hear a peep. Sadly.
              It was actually funny with the Olympics when Canada won the gold in men's hockey. My mom asked me if I heard my dad and my sister screaming with the final goal.

Me: No, I was too busy screaming myself.

My mom just rolled her eyes with that one.

(BTW, I'm Canadian, so they where cheers)

Comment

I live in Michigan. I live in Ann Arbor. The entire town shuts down when U of M plays at home. And yet, I can easily tune it out. Heck, I forgot that U of M was playing Ohio State a couple years ago.

Fortunately for me, the shows I watch are on late or I own on DVD.

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Football? Oh, you mean handegg. XXD

Seriously, I love football or as you call it, soccer. At the moment, the trials and tribulations of our national football team is like a non stop reality show. XD
                From grannies to people his own age, at least Rooney won't be mocked as highly as he was after the granny incident.

Now if the Chelsea boys would retire from that shit show I'd be happy.
                "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Comment

The problem is, airing the game on FSN, for example, is a violation of their contract with the NFL. And the games (except for MNF games) go on network TV so that the most people possible can watch them.
                  "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                  A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Football is real, Supernatural is fake. Hence the difference.
                    Bah. Details details.

Still more likely to cry over a sad,fictional moment than a real football team losing.
                    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade Man D View Post
                      The problem is, airing the game on FSN, for example, is a violation of their contract with the NFL. And the games (except for MNF games) go on network TV so that the most people possible can watch them.
                      There is no such conflict with delaying the scheduled programming until the game is over.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                        There is no such conflict with delaying the scheduled programming until the game is over.
                        Yes, but the 4:15 game usually ends by 7:15/7:30, and very rarely goes as late as 8 PM or later. So they delay to the usual end of the game and put on a post-game show or news when it ends earlier.
                        "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                        A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Working...
                        X